External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Best Bang for the $$, exterior 'upgrades' ??

Old 07-24-2004, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default Re: Engine Cover

Went to a car show today. It was raining the entire time but the officials wanted to give out awards to the cars. They stood under a bridge and judged the cars from afar, which got me to thinking. . .
What is the best exterior upgrade/mod you could do to a Tib to attract positive attention for the most reasonable price?
Vinyl graphics first come to mind. $200 more or less for both sides.
Rims + tires, $$$$ depends and goes up.
CF/ FG hood w/ 'scoop' $400 and up
Clear corners, maybe too subtle I think. $?
Tails, more noticeable than clear corners, BUT can't be seen when looking @ the front of the car. $150 or so?
What am I missing?
What's your opinion? What's the best bang for the money?
Old 07-24-2004, 09:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Best Bang for the $$, exterior 'upgrades' ??

Rims/Tires, Clear Corners (Huge difference in my eyes), OEM style wing (Type R up in GB for only $250 shipped!), and Tails. Makes it a different car. Much sleeker lookin.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Insomniac Thread

beleive it or not... dropping a car an inch or so makes a difference too. That and a NICE set of rims, throw on some clear corners.. and a FULL detailing... it will look like a whole new car..

tint works wonders too..
Old 07-25-2004, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Stuck in 3rd gear

Getting a hot set of wheels will be the most noticeable thing you can do to personalize your car's outward apearance. Especially if you go with a larger diameter. Think about it, how many guys do you see rolling around with body kits that have stock wheels? The point is, everything looks better when you already have a nice looking set of wheels. then get some Eibach's and drop it.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:09 AM

Default Re: EiBach Kits and Parts

cmon IX XI..... you got more than i do on the exterior. the roof spoiler is hot. but yea, i think i will end up goin with the clear corners to start things off with my car (as you should do with yours and yes do go with the silverstars... since ya thought they looked cool in my car) then rims and tires probably... that totally sets a car apart from the rest in my eyes.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Headlight bulbs

QUOTE (CyberShark)
Getting a hot set of wheels will be the most noticeable thing you can do to personalize your car's outward apearance. Especially if you go with a larger diameter. Think about it, how many guys do you see rolling around with body kits that have stock wheels? The point is, everything looks better when you already have a nice looking set of wheels. then get some Eibach's and drop it.

LOL i see tons here outside of DC, either ppl have rims or kits, typically not both......
Old 07-25-2004, 02:07 PM

Default DIY - Interior HALOZ Install (56K Beware)

new rims/tires will make it look like a different car.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Shaved doorhandles and Remote Popper

I was just trying to make a point TibWRC. LOL, I should have seen that one coming.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:02 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Default Re: Nopi Nationals Sept 18-19

Hillary, (sorry if I butchered that)

I'd say the best thing in your case would be some nice wheels. But if you want brand new wheels, you might as well just buy a body kit.

I have some 16s for sale right now, they're black, and better than that I'm selling em for 350.

Its a start if you are not wanting to spend over 400 bux.

Other than that, I'd say stay away from vynil until you are well on your way. Graphics on semi stock cars with stock wheels and no bodykits are kinda funny IMO. I laugh everytime I see a car like that on the road. Its like step 10 when the car is only on step 2.

Only thing that sucks about wheels is you could spend anywhere from 800 to 1500 on a nice set of new wheels and tires without even trying. Then if you get really crazy and get some 3 piece 18s or something you're talking 1000's to get em on the car.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:05 AM

Default Re: A little more progress *MORE PICS ADDED*

My first "performance" upgrade was a set of tyres and rims.. I dropped about 1100 on mine..and it did make a HUGE difference in looks and handling. And my rims resemble stock in their subtleness.