External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Asylumms kits?

Old 11-16-2002, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asylumms kits?

I REALLY want to get an MPS kit for x-mas, but its out of production & cant find 1 anywhere. However, asylumms has a copy of it on their site, has anyone ever ordered from them, or know anyone that has? I would love to get this kit, but im not going to get it if i have to spend an extra $500+ just for work to be done to it, plus paint. The only other kit im even thinking about getting is the blitz, if its done, but im not even sure i like it enough to get it.

Feedback on this would be great, i would like to order fairly soon if they r good quality & fit.

thanx
Old 11-16-2002, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Most of the kits that Asylum sells are knock offs. So you take a 50/50 chance with them fitting right without any issues. If you have a person or shop that can work wonders with body kits then, it won't really matter if the kit doesn't fit that good. However, I would stay clear, but that's only me because I don't care for knock off kits. *lol* tongue.gif
Old 11-17-2002, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

email me.

I know where you can get the last USA MPS kit. 100% real MPS kit. Sold from shark racing, never installed.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:44 AM

is asylum the same as versus motorsports version of the mps kit???? if its not check out
www.versusmotorsports.com they have it ...i dont know about how it fits or even price for that matter! but its there
Old 11-18-2002, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

versus isn't that far from Jaws021 and myself. I might drive my and check them out one day.
Old 11-18-2002, 05:15 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

As far as Versus goes, you might want to read the disclaimer they put up before making your decision to buy anything.

Quality Levels and Degree of Difficulty of Installation

Versus is in no way responsible in the explanation to wholesale account customers on the quality of body kits. It is the wholesale customers responsibility to explain to their retail customer the quality of level of body kits. If a kit is less expensive, then the body kit may not fit as good as a higher quality kit. The kits will probably need more prepping and extensive work on the less expensive body kits. Body kits differ in quality depending on the manufacturer of the product. Fiberglass body kits are sold "AS IS" and it is the customers responsibility to know all of the work involved in the installation process. Understand fiberglass kits are not always direct bolt ons. Sometimes it is possible a fiberglass kit may need a lot of prep work including filling gaps, trimming, or grinding. Versus recommend that the retail customer seeks an experienced custom shop to do the install on body kits and know all the procedures, of installing fiberglass kits. We do not recommend a collision shop to do installs on body kits, they are only experienced on installing OEM parts that are direct bolt ons and do not know the procedure of installing fiberglass body kits. It is advised to explain to the retail customer if they are looking for a direct bolt on with no fabrication to purchase a Polyurethane product or higher quality body kit, but if the retail customer doesnÕt mind the modification, cheaper kits are also good.

Other Restrictions

Some kits are for off road use only, which means that some bumper reinforcements have to shaved or taken off in order for the body kit to fit. Please ask your sale representative for details.
Â
Old 11-19-2002, 12:44 AM

i believe the kit is poly kit and not fiberglass i could be wrong though...it has happened every now and again! eek!
Old 11-20-2002, 01:36 AM

every site has something like that.