External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Antenna Relocation

Old 09-08-2013, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Antenna Relocation

Hey sharks. So I relocated my antenna back in like 2004 and I never really liked it. It's now roof mounted but the base is kinda bulky and it isn't remaining flush anymore. Reception was enver that great either after the fact but since I use media alternatives I really just want a solid antenna for looks to the whole package.

So has anyone ever roof relocated their antenna and since really there aren't sales for them, can I go to a junk yard and rip out any antenna like a corolla or mazda or bmw well, practically everything does roof mount these days. Could I splice the wires given rear connection? I'm sure they are pretty standard in the headunit from what I've seen, but want to cover all basis.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If you don't listen to the radio, why not just delete the antenna and be done?
Old 09-09-2013, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

The 2008 Accent roof antenna is a good one. I wish the Gen Coupe had one s good.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Well when the car gets sold Stocker,this very expensive touch screen flipping transformer of a headunit gets nothing but static. Kinda lame I think. It's not serius radio ready I do not believe and it's pre usb standards so ipods can be a hassle. Too expensive yet too dated to not have radio functionality. Guess I just bought it back then at the wrong time when headunits were being changed dynamically in the coming years. Shame, prolly less than 100 hours of ever being turned on. But yeah, I will look into removing the antenna and filling the roof hole as an option.

Maybe dump the unit other than being a dvd player and design some cool ipod docking set up to scream, RADIO USE NOT WELCOME!!

Other than talk radio I guess It's not really a need. Just thinking this car is soon gunna become a daily driver befor it rusts in a garage. Thanks for the options.