External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Angel Eyes Install

Old 04-18-2006, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats goin on guys, I've be really busy latley but am finally getting around to installing my Angel eyes. I've had them for about a year or so and its about time they got installed! Im just curious how long it has taken people to complete the installation? 2-3 hrs? or longer? Let me know thanks.

oh yea, and is it cool to use silicone glue to reseal the headlight fixture?

- Justin
Old 04-18-2006, 03:20 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

took me 3 hours, 1.5 hours each headlight. i f*cked up like twice though because i'm an idiot, but i', a careful idiot.

use fishing line to tie the angel eye up. yeah, silicone is best because it won't melt under the beam like hot glue does when you seal the hole for the line.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:59 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t

To be honest with you don't bother with glue or silicone. There is enough allready on the assembly that all you need to do is put back in the oven for a couple of minutes then press together.

Just WATCH them! if you leave in too long disaster can happen.........I came very close tongue.gif
Old 04-18-2006, 05:26 PM

Anyone else use fishing line? and how secure is it using fishing line? i was going to use a small zip tie but am worried about it being easily visible. Also does anyone have a link to the angel eye video install someone made? i remember seeing it around but forget where it went.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:02 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

use the zip tie and watch the video blacktibs posted in his AE group buy. all you need

here is the clip
http://flyryde.com/vids/angeleyes.mpg
Old 04-18-2006, 10:36 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'll show you the pics of the line... haha, actually quite not worth showing because you won't see anything there! wink1.gif
Old 04-18-2006, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I used fishing line too, I thought the zip tie looked sorta ugly.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:16 PM

is heating the drill tip necessary?
Old 04-18-2006, 11:35 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

no.

basically in a nutshell u do this (one at a time)..

remove headlights
take the metal clips off
bake for 6 minutes at 350
pry it apart and as you do it would be helpful to have a friend cut that stringy glue, and BE CAREFUL because if you get that stuff anywhere its basically impossible to get it off, you don't want it anywhere in the light or on the lense it will look ugly, thats why I suggest to have another person help you and have them cut it with a scissors (then clean the scissors while the glue on them is still hot, just wipe them with something)
get the chrome part separate
put on latex gloves so you don't get fingerprints all over that shiney chrome part in the headlight
drill one hole big enough for the wires on the very bottom of each circle, and a very small one at the top for fishing line (use thinner stuff, its easier)
i wrapped fishing line around through the top hole and one piece through the bottom hole too (same one the wires go through)
tie some square knots and get it really tight, once u do then u can burn/melt the edges of the fishing line together, or just cut it
drill a hole big enough for the wires in the bottom part of the headlight where they will come out
now ur done, put it all back together how it was
grab a 9-volt and test to make sure everything works before u put it on the oven to seal it up again
now, push everything together tight and make sure it looks good, then put it back in the oven for 6 minutes at 350
when u get it out push it together again and put the metal clips back on (it might be hard cuz its going to be hot but u wanna do this when the glue is still gooey)
repeat for headlight #2

i dunno how long its gonna take u rd2 people to get ur bumper off and headlights out, but after that i'd set aside 2-3 hours, so take ur time and do it on ur day off, don't try to do it in between things and get end up doin it half ass.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:57 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

heating the drill tip helps make life easier.

...a simple lighter will do. if any one smokes crack in your household, ask to use their lighter. wink1.gif