External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Altezzas from HDK

Old 06-15-2001, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Altezzas from HDK

I just saw some Altezzas for Gen2 sharks at the HDK web-site and it is different from the ones that the APC designed. I already have the APC ones installed on my shark, but the ones from HDK looks alot better, it don't have that clustered spider feel when you look at them. So anybody, are the ones from HDK worthwhile to purchase, I mean have they gone through the proper testings like the ones from APC. Any info would be great.
Old 06-15-2001, 06:41 PM

This was one of the reasons that I was hesitant on offering those new ones on our site. They are made in Korea, and I don't know if they have any problems, but judging from what APC experienced when they first made clear tails, I'm pretty certain that some of the same problems will occur again. But, since so many people are after these things, we will probably offer them also.

Plus, there is ANOTHER style of 2000 Tiburon Altezza style lights that will be unveiled next month... Keep tuned... You didn't hear this here.. **hint, hint**
Old 06-16-2001, 01:05 AM

Is there going to be a price difference and who is producing the third version that is suppose to be unveiled next month??
Old 06-16-2001, 02:00 AM

hey boogy when they come out with them can you make sure you get the ones for the 95-99 accent 2 dr. also please im begging you.
haha well thanks man

[ June 16, 2001: Message edited by: erikgsi ]
Old 06-18-2001, 12:28 PM

Please GOD Boogyman....I've been holding out for some really hot tailights. I know some people think it's ricey, but I think it's a great apperance mod that doesn't void warranties. I would buy those 'other' taillights from Sharkracing before I buy from HDK. Nothing against HDK, but SR is the first and only website that helped me hook up my Tibby. Hell....I had the clear corners before I even had the car. Tell me how obsessed that is!

ANYWAYS...I hope it's the CUDA tails, but I don't want to start any speculation or rumors so I'll just wait and be plesently suprised. wink.gif
Old 06-18-2001, 04:03 PM

That would be coooool if the new altezzas were like the Cuda lights. Those things are tight as hell! But I got some tail lights coming in, HOPEFULLY TOMORROW, so I won't be getting them anytime soon. By the way, how hard is it to hook up the tail lights? I hooked up the clear corners no problem. Is it as easy?
Old 06-19-2001, 02:37 AM

MyTibby,

If you installed the corners without any problems, then installing the taillights would be a breeze, compared to the corners.
Just unscrew the tails from your trunk, take the three bulbs out, push the tails loose, take it off, and just pop on the new ones and install the three bulbs back on, then tighten all the necessary parts. It is alot easier then trying to replace the corners in my experience.
Old 06-19-2001, 01:21 PM

Okay, here is the new info...

Shark Racing WILL NOT be carrying the ones that HDK has. I just learned yesterday, that all the new ones that are available are just stock ones that have been taken apart and put back together, with the orange taken out. I can guarantee you that these will have problems with moisture leakage, somewhere down the line. I'm not knocking HDK for carrying them, as they are in great demand, but I don't want to deal with the burden of something going wrong later.

Okay, onto the new ones... The guy I talked to who is making the new ones is going to be making a new model every couple of months. They will be priced at the level of the current APC lights, and future models may be a little lower priced. The design for the 2000 Tibby one is very similar to the Cuda lights... They will be available in mid-July.
Old 06-19-2001, 01:45 PM

what kind of quality? and which company is it?
Old 06-19-2001, 02:42 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Turbo Elantra

What about the Elantras? When I saw that HDK had Altezzas for the Elantra I was happy that something finally came out for the Elantras and not just for the Tib. But now, since Boogy said that it's useless. Everything you can get for a Hyundai is usually just for an Tib. I'm startin' to feel left out. I think SR should start producing more products for the Elantras.