External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

47" kombat spoiler

Old 01-06-2002, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default 47" kombat spoiler

Just wondering if anyone has the 47" kombat spoiler seen here. http://www.factoryspoilers.com/spoilers/16...1669A-47-50.htm
This wing is tight, but I want to know how it looks and if it will fit over the stock spoiler holes on a 2k.
Old 01-06-2002, 01:35 PM

2klow&show has it i think, and i did ass well, actually i think i probably do again thanx to the assclown who sent me that wing claiming it was shark spoiler, it doenst fit the factory holes but does fit on the trunk rather well, u can see pics of it @ http://photos.yahoo.com/viper966
Old 01-06-2002, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I have that spoiler. It's pretty sweet, and not too big or ricey like other spoilers. It's actually identical to the stock Shark Spoiler. Th eonly difference is there is no center pedestal. I will tell you though that it will NOT line up with stock spoiler holes. I bought my car without a spoiler because I knew about my plans before hand. But I know people that have similiar spoilers on their tibs and it doesn't fit stock location holes.

You need to take off the stock spoiler, fill in the holes, then re-drill new holes for the Kombat Spoiler. One other thing you will need to do is buy new bolts. The bolts that come with the spoiler are too short. Just go to your local Home Depot or any other hardware store, and pick up some longer ones. Also, make sure that you have another person helping with the install. It's a pain in the a§§ trying to get it centered and mounted by yourself.

Good luck! wink.gif
Old 01-06-2002, 03:49 PM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

Hey Viper is that your tiby in the pic with that spoiler?
Old 01-06-2002, 04:13 PM

the silver one yes, and BTW the kombat spoiler is not totally identical to teh shark spoiler as the bottom of the kombat is flat, and the shark spoilers is contoured to the shape of ur trunk, and also the bolts that it comes with are fine, all u have to do is drill some of the trunk away, it is impossible to have bolts that are 2 short when installing a spoiler unless you are not mounting it directly on the other side of the outermost metal of the trunk
Old 01-06-2002, 08:10 PM

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR

Viper is this your tib eek.gif

If so, what colour is it? Is it the chromalusion paint? How come the body kit is a different colour to the rest of the car?
Old 01-12-2002, 03:14 PM

I am a little late, but I have that kit. I called the a*s clown at factory wings and asked him the same question. He said it will work perfrectly with the 2 gen holes. Well I bought the spoiler and had it painted two months later, only to find out the install guy to tell me it wouldn't fit unless I redrill. I WAS P*SSED BEYOND BELIEF. I couldn't return the spoiler because it was now painted. So I have the spoiler in my basement. It has been in my basement since APRIL OF 01!! I will never order anything from there again!!

[ January 12, 2002: Message edited by: Jaws ]
Old 01-13-2002, 06:03 AM

I have this exact wing on my 2000 Tib. It took a little work to get it installed but it looks great. If you want to see a pic give me your e-mail address and I will send it to you via e-mail.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:27 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Red Accent 4 Door

VIPER 966 AND JAWS:
SEND THIS TO THE PEOPLE WHO SCREWED YOU UP WITH THE SPOILERS

JOSH eek.gif eek.gif tongue.gif

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: lilredaccent ]

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: lilredaccent ]