Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Yet another exhaust thread.

Old 01-26-2005, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another exhaust thread.

Hello people! Does anybody out there have the Motoria exhaust system? If so, can you give me some feedback? Do you have sound/pictures of it if you have it installed? I'm going to get an exhaust system for my car. I like the A'PEXi N1 catback system that Real Engineering is doing, but I hate how it is slanted like it is. Feedback on either is good. I know that the A'PEXi N1 system is only going to happen once, so I want to get my decision made while it's still open. Those are really the only two options for exhaust that we have am I correct? I don't want cheap crap that sounds ricey like SSAutochrome/monza, and no TeamSR/SharkRacing. Help!
Old 01-26-2005, 03:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

KRD, at least what I've heard from the GK crowd, are average products with some fitment issues. Bending tubes to make the back collector fit, header rubbing the drivetrain, etc. Granted, exhaust systems are hard to mess up.

Dude... you could just go to a welding shop and have them weld a new tip on the muffler from Apexi. The tips are probably like 20 bucks chromed, and the welding might be 15 bucks... there isn't a company's products I like more, except for GReddy.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:28 PM

Nevermind on this thread tongue.gif I just bought the last MBRP.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:35 PM

QUOTE (breck)
I don't want cheap crap that sounds ricey like SSAutochrome/monza, and no TeamSR/SharkRacing. Help!

You know its wierd....shadohh asked me about this exhaust today.

SSAC = Motoria = OBX
+
SR = KRD

The only fitment Issue I have heard about the SSAC/Motoria/OBX headers for RDs is that some of them rub/clang on a plate, which can be easily trimmed or bent to get rid of the buzz.

The exhuast....IDK, I'm pretty sure a couple of members here have it, but IDK who. Search.

and Hamhead.....adding a tip, or even just a muffler/tip combo, will give very little IF any gains, and may acutally ROB you of power.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

SR doesn't do KRD.

LOL

Sorry doode.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:55 PM

oh, they look so similar.....sorry guys.

So who IS SR remarketing for now??
Old 01-26-2005, 04:59 PM

QUOTE (hamhead)
KRD, at least what I've heard from the GK crowd, are average products with some fitment issues. Bending tubes to make the back collector fit, header rubbing the drivetrain, etc. Granted, exhaust systems are hard to mess up.

No problem installing or fitment issues for my car (RD2)and that's because I have a header. I just to cut the pipe a bit but nother serious. I guess it's a different story with the GK's..
Old 01-26-2005, 05:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Who knows where SR gets them from, but Tom explained to me before that KRD is made by Moteria.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I meant chop the tip off the Apexi dude, as he doesn't like the angled look.... lol. I take offence for you thinking I'm that stupid... geez wtf...