Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Xtd Clutch?

Old 11-26-2006, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive been reading in the forums and some people have said that the xtd pressure plate is just a stock tiburon one that is painted. has anyone installed one and thought different? does it really matter? can i purchase an act pp and match it up or am i better off with an act? i need one soon and i dont have that much money so any advice would be great
Old 11-26-2006, 11:31 AM

Im currently having an XTD Stage 2 Clutch Kit installed.... Ill let you know how it works out when I get it back.... The PP does look stock so I called the company to see if it was just a painted stock one. They say it is a stock Valeo PP, the only difference is the inner ring is supposed to be upgraded for more strength/pressure....

Well, that's all I know for now, hope it helps...
Old 11-26-2006, 04:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Valeo is VHR, who also makes the stock clutch setups.

One way to find out, see if you can find XTD anywhere else than ebay, or on a store that doesn't sell on ebay.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:28 PM

i got xtd clutch 3rd stage and after setup you'll notice you clutch pedal will be a lil bit harder to push then on stock one that's my 2nd time using this clutch and had no problem with it about pp umm actually they r a lil bit different cause first time i was changing my stock one to xtd i placed stock pp and xtd pp together to see what's difference actually those metal stripes on pp is upgraded to handle more power just finished 2nd setup today smile.gif awesome smile.gif but you have to change your flywheel too if you are planning to put ceramic clutch disk cause it's gonna eat it smile.gif like mine had a lil less metal on flywheel where the cd spins smile.gif so i' would recommend you to get full xtd kit with flywheel and you ready to go
Old 11-26-2006, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 03 Beta Accent and 03 S2K

i believe its the stock pp spray painted red. the paint is horrible to say the least. there is over spray on all the parts that shouldn't be red. other than that it works great.

Old 11-26-2006, 10:50 PM

So basicly if u buy the XTD stage 3 of ebay, its just the normal stock clutch or wat? ive read this quite a few times and still cant seem to get it if it is stock or no=/
Old 11-26-2006, 11:03 PM

according to what i have gathered the clutch is upgraded and the pressure plate looks stock but supposdily has a stronger ring in the middle. im thinking im gunna go with a trusted brand name like act and forget this cheap part, i think ill appreciate it when my clutch is in and functioning