Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Won't Accelerate Until 4000 Rpm

Old 12-10-2006, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys so i was driving friday morning to my work stopped at traffic light when it turned green i start moving pressed the gas and i felt that car is not accelerating normally like all the times then i pressed the gas all the way down and i could hear my cai sound more than motor lol and after it reached 4000 i fell something like boost laugh.gif and everything went good after this???? what that could be it happens sometimes like once a month and only when engine is hot, and another problem this happends even less then first problem but ... when i'm driving around 80 on highway for like straight 10 minuts at some moment my car feels like it stalled for a sec i can feel the drag then it trowing cel for like 2 secs then everything normal and cel going off????? all this happening in range from 1 to 3 secs 02.gif what is this guys :@
Old 12-10-2006, 09:47 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sounds like you have an auto? If so thats your problem, could be as small as not having enough atf, and could be as bad as signs of a premature death...

if you have a stick, i dunno, maybe a slipping clutch bad cat or something
Old 12-10-2006, 09:49 PM

no it's manual brand new clutch 02.gif 1000 miles on it
BUT. i've had my flex pipe broken and i bought new piece and welded in it maybe this can help
Old 12-10-2006, 09:54 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

hrmmm, could be a failing maf/tps/02 sensor, which would be easily revealed by pulling the codes, the codes stay stored even after the cel goes away.

get that read first...
Old 12-10-2006, 09:57 PM

hmm this pushin me to change my 02 sensor cause my air/fuel gauge tapped to upstream sensor and when engine is hot thi gauge is killing me by moving back and forth from lean to rich 3 times per second
here's video lol vid
Old 12-10-2006, 10:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Thats normal on a narrowband o2 sensor.

Sounds MAF/TPS to me but meh.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:16 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

did you have your CEL read? usually when you have a light come on and then go off it's a sign of a misfire. Misfires are usually caused by fouled spark-plugs and bad spark plug wires. Check those out. It would cause both problems. You can see if your spark wires are arcing to the engine by taking the spark cover off and looking at it at night when it's running. Check to see if you see any light where light shouldn't be.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:50 PM

thanks drivintib
for that advise that what i thought too i changed spark plugs before that happend to ngk irdium + wires STI blue once . cause i had stock plugs and i thought it was time for change so i changed it and still same :@ grrr umm maf sensor is kinda making me crazy cause this connector that goes to maf sensor i lost that little metal piece that holds it and everytime i'm turning hard it's coming off lol smile.gif so i tapped electricial tape all over it heh . dunno about tps cause it's not like all the time it's only like once in 2 months even maybe more than that dunno 02.gif
p.s i was changin my headlights bulbs and disconnect the battery terminal so all codes that was stored in are gone 02.gif