Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

What makes that sound?

Old 04-27-2002, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What makes that sound?

The sound of every 'F*cked-up' Honda Civic... What type of Exhaust/Catback do they use. Cause in the Next couple Months(less then 5 more than 2) I'm gonna replace my whole exhaust system, and I want to stay away from that sound. Thanks
Old 04-27-2002, 04:18 PM

Most of the ones that make the annoying noises around me use generic mufflers like the APEXi knock offs...

Remember you get what you pay for!
Old 04-28-2002, 01:30 AM

Yep mostly only the cheap generic mufflers make those sounds. I have a 5 Zigen fireball and it is nice & deep. She had an Apex-i N1 on her supercharged Accent GT and it sounded awesome. Buy a good muffler and not some cheap $20 cherry bomb POS.
Old 04-28-2002, 06:04 AM

I just put on a Magnaflow Street Series muffler, and it is perfect. A nice deep sound, that doesn't sound like your car had too many beans the night before wink
Old 04-28-2002, 07:15 AM

It doesnt matter nessasarily on the brand, its the engine that determines that sound.

Hondas have HP/Tourqe ratio is un-porportioned.
This meaning they have a noticably higher HP output than Tourqe.

The Tiburon (and belive the Lancer) have HP/Tourqe in more of a balanced manner or a higher tourqe output.

Just like my Stratus, 150 HP/167 Ft Lbs Tourqe stock, I have a higer Tourqe ratio than HP stock, resulting in a deep exhaust sound, no matter what.

I can elaborate more later if this didnt make sense.
Old 04-28-2002, 01:01 PM

yep i have a cheapo 3a racing muffler on my car, which sounds better than the magnaflow and flowmaster i had on before it, and it is sold @ pepboys of all places, but it still sounds great way 2 deep, shakes my car without any audible sound
Old 04-28-2002, 01:47 PM

Also a lot use resonated tips which add to the bumble bee sound, most still have the resonator after the cat which also quiets the engine.

Most cheap mufflers also do not come in stainless steel and are more likely to rust sad.gif

It's how well you match all the components:air intake,header,muffler that will give you the best overall sound...