Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

What I Did May 21-23

Old 06-06-2005, 04:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Wow thats a lot of work, alls I did was sand down the IM to get all tthe rough spots out and some places on the engine then polished with mothers alumum polish
Old 06-06-2005, 07:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Nice! Can't wait for you to turn up the boost an put down some #'s.

I'd love to know how the tranny was converted to push type. The pull type is the reason why all the TOB's fail. The upgraded clutch plates put too much stress on it.

Any kind of bolt will destroy a motor. Even a fractured spark plug like what I had, chipped an exhaust valve. I had zero compression. A bolt as big as that one probably did a lot more damage to yours.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:29 AM

^I'll take pics of the parts they used to convert it to push type.

Now I'm fu$¬²±ing pissed! :angry: The transmission was ready friday, so I went on sunday and installed it.

All is back on the car... "Hey, let's re-engage the clutch lever, shall we?". Guess what? The DAMN throwout bearing snap ring won't hold in the damn pressure plate. Lousy invention from hell, a pull-type pressure plate!

I have to yank the frigging transmission AGAIN!!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 10:37 AM

If you already had it converted, then I would have left it at that and found another clutch kit. Push>Pull
Old 06-06-2005, 11:24 AM

Sure... that's what I would have done IF I would have known before buying the clutch and getting/installing the transmission, which wasn't the case.

But now... goddamn it. I'm trying to decide if I should buy another pressure plate (or complete clutch kit) and re-re-convert it to push type :angry:
Old 06-06-2005, 11:33 AM

If you're gonna be putting down some power, then I would highly suggest it.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:01 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Very nice sir. Seems like there was quite the job to finish off. Too bad the parts you installed bailed on you. Kinda puts a damper on the work you did.

That is a cool idea about the BOV. Only problems I see with it are the increase in air temperatures it sees, (fairly minimal) and maybe getting hit with the occaisional bug splash. I like it. Just doesn't have as cool of a look when you have your engine bay crammed to the max with gadget's and gizmo's. wink1.gif
Old 06-06-2005, 09:32 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

i cant wait for mine 3 weeks left tongue.gif
Old 06-06-2005, 11:14 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

we should be opening up the engine to see what is/are the problem(s)

the bolt didn't help for sure, but shouldn't have provoked all the bearing shavings,
i'm checking up 2-3 things on my car with the smt-6 and if it works gonna wire up agarwal's like mine

on a side note, the vhr can handle pretty good WHP numbers and the bearing doesn't pose a problem (at least in my case)i think we'll give a shoot at the f1 super duper extra heavy duty clutch smile.gif

btw, those using a beta 1 trans on a beta2 engine,be sure to grind away to notches to clear the extra long oil pan bolts,i didn't catch it when Agarwal and bjurr put all the stuff back together,but when agarwal and i re-installed it it simply jump in my face he was quite lucky not the break the tranny case that way
Old 06-08-2005, 12:20 AM

Finally, the car is working.

I yanked the transmission again today. It seems that the problem was the part that's in the center of the pressure plate, where the bearing snaps; I don't know how it's called, so let's call it the "bearing retainer" wink1.gif

So, this part, on my F1 Racing Grip pressure plate, was NOT exactly the same as my OEM pressure plate; the nodge where the snap-ring ends are were "sharper", preventing the bearing (which was provided with the pressure plate, and is an OEM Valeo bearing) from snapping into the bearing retainer.

We used the bearing retainer from a stock pressure plate (the part just can't be bought alone) and it worked fine.

The next step is to plug the SMT6, and to make the secondary fuel rail ready to do it's work.