Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

What Fits?

Old 05-05-2005, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 Accent

would a manual transmission from like an 03-04 4cyl tib, fit a 2.0L tib from a 97-99 tib? because i can imagine that hyundai "changed" somthing with there trans. possibly made it better somehow!!!
Old 05-05-2005, 07:07 AM

if the same years Elantra transmission fits, the same years Tiburon should also. Just so long as it is the transmission made for the Beta, not the Delta engine. And no, I doubt Hyundai changed a thing in these transmissions except maybe the gear ratios. There is no reason for them to change anything, it makes no economic sense to fix what is not broken.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ May 5 2005, 06:07 AM)
if the same years Elantra transmission fits, the same years Tiburon should also. Just so long as it is the transmission made for the Beta, not the Delta engine. And no, I doubt Hyundai changed a thing in these transmissions except maybe the gear ratios. There is no reason for them to change anything, it makes no economic sense to fix what is not broken.

The casing is different between 02 and 03 elantra..

remember the mounting system is different.

We have a center cross brace.

If my current tranny blows,... ill be looking for an 04. I also think hyundai did something to the tranny. Maybe a more dependable differential.