Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

What do I do in the spring?

Old 12-28-2010, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Tibby
Default What do I do in the spring?

So I ended up storing my tib for the winter. When I put it away a month ago, it had between half a tank and a 1/4 tank of 87 octane gas in it. Its stored in a garage and covered. I left the battery in it and didnt do anything except change the oil before putting it away. When I bring it out in March or April, should I pour a bottle of octane booster in the tank before starting it and driving or is there something else I should do also? Taking the old gas out is out of the question since I dont have a pump and not about to drop the tank so I'm hoping theres better alternatives like just putting in fresh gas and octane booster.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

I'd put in stabilizer before hand, then no worries in the spring. When spring comes, run that mixture down and then put fresh gas in.

The biggest problem with ethanol(which I'm assuming your running a mix of) is when it sits. Faze separation occurs and it basically absorbs any moisture and turns the gas bad. Once gas is bad, you can't make it good again.