Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Water injector?? what is it?

Old 06-30-2002, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water injector?? what is it?

I was at capa's web site look at the s/c and it had an option for a water injector. What is it? Will i help out performance wise? Is capa a respectable company?
Old 06-30-2002, 08:47 AM

its 2 cool offf the SC either via spraying gon the IC or spraying the SC itself
Old 06-30-2002, 11:06 AM

I'm actually running a home made water injection system but it's more for gas mileage purposes. Before I get flamed for this if you can explain my 3 to 4 mile per gallon gain after setting up this system then you can flame me. Until then please don't.

This is what I have done. I have a T fitting I put in a vacuum line going into the TB. I have a aquarium air hose (clear so I can see the water movement) connected to it and then run into the top of my windshield washer tank. The hose only goes in about 1/2 a inch. I then have another hose run into the tank and lays on the bottom of the tank with about 1/2 inch of the tube sticking out of the top of the tank. There is a aquarium air stone on that line also.

Vacuum from the TB pulls air into the empty air stone tube through the air stone and then small bubbles are made that travel up and are sucked in my the vacuum tube.

That's pretty much it. I used to have to run 89 octane gas before the set up because of knock but am able to run 87 now with no knock. TB response is a little better.

I might run 2 vacuum hoses to suck in more water vapor in the near future to see if I can gain better results.

I have thought about running a tube right into the water then wraping a copper tube around my exhaust manifold to heat the water to a boil and then be sucked into the TB but I haven't tried that yet.

There are several companys that make these kits. They are mainly for turbo or supercharged cars to prevent knock and cool the incoming hot compressed air.
Old 06-30-2002, 11:43 AM

thats a cool concept can you send me some pics of this set up I am interested in this!!!
Old 06-30-2002, 11:52 AM

Water injection is not just injecting water its a mix of methanol and deionized water, 50/50 mix. Water injection gained popularity in the early 50's as a means to keep detonation down on hopped up L-head engines that had problems with induction air temps do to cooling issues.
Old 06-30-2002, 12:28 PM

I use just water.

Here is the link I got the idea from.
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_librar...rearth/me3.html
Old 06-30-2002, 01:26 PM

What was used 40 years ago was washer fluid which is deionized water and methanol, the mixture is still used today.
Old 06-30-2002, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I use this setup. It is specific to forced induction motors. Cost is about $250 bucks. It sprays a fine mist of water into the intake air stream after the intercooler but before the throttle body. It is customisable for the amount of water and when it sprays. I currently have it setup to start spraying at 6.5psi.

There is also THIS setup. It costs about $1000 to $1700. It uses a fuel pump and a fuel injector to spray highly metered, high pressure, atomized water into the intake air stream.

Methanol can be added to the Second setup, but not to the first.
Old 06-30-2002, 04:11 PM

damn i'm one hard headed son of a bish.
ok someone explian to me what the water does....?
Old 06-30-2002, 09:02 PM

Random,

You should be able to get the Aquamist much cheaper... I think I got my 1s system for $350 or so. The aquamist system so much better than the Spearco system, I think its worth the extra $$.