Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Voltage Regulator help

Old 12-15-2004, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: RDTiburon Decals!

Well, the harness to my voltage regulator on my alternator as all beat up and needed replacement (probably why the alternator just died). So, I took the harness apart, installed new female spade connectors and soldered it to the good section of the old wires. The problem is, now my SAFC is telling me that I am running at over 15v, which is know is not correct. I figured that I wired the two wires backwards, so I switched them around, and I'm still at 15v. I do have a warrenty on the alternator, but before I take it off and exchange it I want to make sure I have the harness wired correctly.

If you look at the harness there are 2 wires going into it, for me theres a Red, Larger guage wire, and a gray/green smaller guage wire. I just need to know whether the larger guage wire is at the top of the harness when it's plugged into the alternator or the bottom, that way I can get it wired correctly for sure and go from there. Thanks guys, I'll check back tomorrow during work.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Superchager too much for the engine?

please, only DIYs in the DIY forum.

MOVED