Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Volo Vp11 Preformance Chip

Old 06-16-2008, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone Try the Volo Preformance VP11 chip?
i'm looking at difrent ecu mods and chips and this one stands out, but doesn't have any dyno test or anything to really back it up. was wondering if anyone already tested it or have any better suggestions.

http://www.voloperformance.com/volochip.html
Old 06-16-2008, 06:02 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Wow, WTF? Any instructions on how it hooks up?

Acrobat fails to open the file on my computer. I even upgraded to the newest version.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:33 PM

Please do a search on various "ecu chips." Without looking at it I can tell you it will do nothing.

Heres a good list to look at for starting mods:
Cold Air Intake (AEM or similar)
Exhaust
Headers (user blacktibs has some great ones for sale right now for 300 shipped that add 10hp)
Sound system if youre into that
Strut bars are always nice.

Search around a bit and you will see that these threads have been covered over and over. Welcome to the site and you will learn a lot very quickly.

On that note, locked.

Adam thinks that there is some kind of way that this would be better because it hooks up to the back of the OBD2 port. So it is opened for discussion but will surely get closed once again Im sure.

This will not work. It even says universal. Our ecu will fight anything this thing even tries to do. Im re-locking this. If another mod wishes for it to be open it can be opened again. This is just the same old stuff with a different place to wire it in.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:33 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

This is different than what we normally see. Normally you have a box, with a resistor to alter the temperature reading of the intake air. This actually has a ROM in it with upgradeable firmware. I'm not saying it is something you should buy, but it does make me wonder if it works.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:35 PM

Opened for discussion then. Lets hear why it would or wouldnt work guys.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:45 PM
DTN

not to mention it hooks into the OBD-II port... That's my main attraction. I'm considering trying this out for my next mod once I get my car back together.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:48 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

It doesn't "hook" into the OBDII port. You need to tap into the wires running to the OBDII port.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:50 PM
DTN

Upon switching computers and actually getting to read the documents, I've found that they claim to rewrite the ECU values of spark timing and others in real time. I've wanted something like this for a long time. This is so very very appealing.

What we know.. The ECU has a code. This box does not seem advanced enough to really interface with the ECU. The eeprom does not look like a standard EEPROM I've ever seen. The OBD port has a direct line from the RPM signal.

It's possible that this device could feed extra RPM signal into the ECU to fool it into believe it is at a different RPM, or even delay the signal slightly by applying ground and then power at the right times. This is all speculation. This device seems too small and appears to have inadequate processor power to actually "interface". It has the components necessary for an oscillator though.

It would be so much simpler if I could read the chip number on the chip and find out it's function. Someone buy this and find out if it works!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Just remember, when it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Here's some stuff on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-6-OBD...emZ220221057959

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/new-2007-...-08-altima.html
^^^
No effect on an installed vehicle.

And that's about it.

On all of google.

I'd say it's a bunch of bullshit, been selling them for over 2 yearsnow and there is almost nothing about it online? A LOT of the Ebay feedback is "i haven't installed it yet", or "very little performance change" type stuff.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Banned

seems kinda like my JET chip in the 'neon'. it plugs RIGHT into the ECU, supposed to have different maps and give about 25hp. it came with car when i bought it.. doesnt do jack shit.. retail price is like 230$ and NO ONE in the SRT community including 300s, chargers, magnums, rams, vipers, have had any luck with JET chips.

now im just trying to figure out a good way to get rid of it.