Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Vhr Clutch Kit!

Old 07-29-2005, 09:53 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

Hey guys!
Just have a question regarding the VHR 4 puck Clutch kit from KSPEC..
I know there are a bunch of people running this clutch kit and wanted to know if you guys experience major Vibration while shifting within gears weahther your cruising or driving it hard..
I just installed the clutch and pretty much only have 300K on it as im braeking in my new motor as well as the clutch BUT DAM does it Vibrate between shifting gears and as soon as i let off the clutch the Vibarton and shaking the whole car happens! sad.gif

Now i know this is normal while getting out of first gear as the whole car Vibartes and shakes But it does the same through all the gears as soon as its in gear and let off the clutch pedal..
Just wanted some feedback on this and if its normal with this Clutch..
The raeson why i say this is because i had a Clutchmasters 4 puck and it never use to vibrate and shake the car while shifting into gears BUT of course out of first gear this was normal

Thanks smile.gif
Old 07-29-2005, 09:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Whats the actual mileage? I hope you didn't buy one with 300k on it. lmao.gif Better edit that.

Car really shouldn't vibrate at all, first gear or not. But I'll let someone who has the clutch give advise, as I've never owned a higher stage clutch for a Tib.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:01 PM

Gotta work on your clutch engagement some. When I first had the clutch installed, it was definately a b**** to drive, definately had shaking sometimes when I didn't engage the clutch just right. Now after ~5k miles it's a lot easier to drive, it can still vibrate the car if not engaged properly, but it's not nearly as bad or as often. Also might want to check your motor mounts.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:15 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

A-gut!

Well the thing is i did also install the front and rear Engine mounts which are Urathane and this can also be a factor in the vibration and also the Clutch was Brand new and now only has about 300K on it...
The thing is i have always had 4 puck clutches from CM to HVE etc and now VHR but i never had a problem with the MASSIVE Vibration when shifting between gears as the clutch pedal is being let off!!
As i said i understand there is some serious Studder when getting out of first gear but i have this massive stutter between gears as i let off the clutch pedal which i never had with the other 4 puck clutches..
Now im not sure if this is normal or like you said a Gut after th ebreak in peroid it should go away liek it did on yours and easier to drive
Let me know
Thanks!
Old 07-29-2005, 10:54 PM

Stutter between every gear? Are you rev matching? It should only be rough from a complete stop in 1st gear (only time clutch should slip). If you are rev matching and there is still stuttering, I'm inclined to say it's the urethane mounts. From kspec's website: "If all 4 bushings are installed, vehicle / driver will suffer from severe shaking / vibration." Although you only have 2 installed (front and back correct?), the clutch isn't slipping between gears if you rev match, so the mounts are the most likely explanation imo since you installed the mounts at the same time as the clutch.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:23 PM

Ok the vibrations is all of the new clutch fault...... my is a XTD Stage 3 and my car shakes at 1st gear..... just have to practice more with the new clutch.....