Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Transmission swap, help please! Auto to manual.

Old 12-27-2004, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000
Default Re: What did everyone get from Santa?

I was wondering if anyone could give me a list of everything I would need to purchase when changing a 97 tiburon fx automatic to a manual? Please include eveything you can think of. Thanks :!:
Old 12-27-2004, 05:48 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Alot of people go to the junk yard, get everythingg that looks related I have the shop manual so I'll list the parts it looks like you need:
manual transaxle control
...this includes the shift cable select cable and retainer, all of these parts go from the shift lever assembly to the tranny
shift lever assembly
manual transaxle

grap all the wires too I think there computers involved also
the auto is much more complicated but this looks pretty hard too good luck laugh.gif
edit: this is for a 2001 but they should be pretty much the same
never mind about all of that just look at loneshark DIY :roll:
Old 12-27-2004, 10:23 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'm trying to do the same... how much would something like this go for w/ used parts? and labor?
Old 12-27-2004, 02:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Suspension for Veilside Kit

If you do it yourself, on used parts (transmission, computer, wiring, putting in a pedal, etc.) its probably gonna cost about $1000.00-$1500.00. With labor, overall cost is going to be near $2500.00.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Two color Paint?

umm.. what? 8O

youll need the foot pedals (brake and clutch assembly come as 1 if i remember correctly, maybe not), clutch engagement switch, the shifter, cables, tranny, clutch, flywheel, master and slave cylinders.

wire the reverse light switch from the switch on the tranny (only electrical sensor on the whole transaxle) to the ECU plug. then wire the nettral switch from the ECU to the clutch engagement switch and then youre done.

if youre getting really raped at a junkyard it will cost about $600, ive bought transmissions with under 20k for like $200 and all the other parts can come right off the car too.

if youve never done it before it might take you and a buddy 6-8 hours to do. its pretty darn easy and definitely not going to cost 1 large if youre doing it yourself, maybe if you paid a shop to do it...

**EDIT**

hyundaikit:
if you wanna make a drive to syracuse and maybe toss me a few bucks (for use of my friends garage) i would be glad to help you with the swap we would be done in 4 hours easily.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Pot calling the Kettle Black

Not trying to threadjack, but I have a very similiar question.

Does anyone know if there are any differences between a RD and a RD2 when doing the swap? I know the 1.8 vs 2.0 difference, but I also know the trannys are the same. I have found a really nice low mileage RD setup and I want to know if there are any compatibility issues with the RD2. Any help is appreciated.

--Chris
Old 01-04-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Looking for 2.0L Beta1 intake manifold and Throttle Body

QUOTE (beppomarx)
hyundaikit:
if you wanna make a drive to syracuse and maybe toss me a few bucks (for use of my friends garage) i would be glad to help you with the swap we would be done in 4 hours easily.

hey if you want to drive over to buffalo and give me a hand with mine in early spring i'll toss you a few bucks and a few brews.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Transmission swap, help please! Auto to manual.

QUOTE (beppomarx)
hyundaikit:

hey if you want to drive over to buffalo and give me a hand with mine in early spring i'll toss you a few bucks and a few brews. it would be nice to do it with someone whos done it before.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Transmission swap, help please! Auto to manual.

QUOTE (simplyxtremecc)
but I also know the trannys are the same. I have found a really nice low mileage RD setup and I want to know if there are any compatibility issues with the RD2.

--Chris

trannies are different. the 1.8 tranny has shorter gearing but will bolt up to any beta block
Old 01-04-2005, 02:37 PM

Location: Lillington, NC & Maryville, TN when I can get there
Default Re: Gauge cluster removal

Loneshark's DIY Link