Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Tranny Repair And Overhall Services

Old 02-26-2006, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

I am going to see if this will help anyone out over there...i am going to offer this service to you guys my brothers

if you want guys pull your tranny break it down and send it to me or send it as is, in a good box and i will get it rebuilt over here for 575 buck shipped, back to you. but here is the catch you sent it over first you got to pick that up i am sorry but that is the only way i can keep the price down this low and still be able to send it back to you with in a weeks time it should cost you about 60 buck to ship it to me .

this rebuild/ overhall includes the shipping back to you priorty mail should take about a week to get back to you.. the rebuild is done by hyundai service tech's here not no shade tree mechanic will touch it i will not do that to you

they will
cleaned inside and out
new syncro,bearing and gears if they are chipped or broken and new forks "if needed"
check back lash on all gears. a 100% full shake down is done while i watch them do...
and anything else you want done
now if you want custom gearing or change the fgr that will be $165 more that is the cost of the fgr the same ones that kspec sell for $399 witch is a rip off all of them are $165

i will pick up the gear costs...

if you want clutchs pm me and i will get you a qoute

do you think that is fair this is with it shipped back to you

i can do this to all hyundai, and daewoo's

its better then paying some shop 1500 or 800 in labor and parts

i just want to help you guys

since everyone is haveing tranny issuse and grinding during shifts

"in the works"
also if i can get at least 5 people to do an ecu swap to the 16-bit semmens kdm spec ecu my mechanic and i will fly over and do the swap we are taking about it now
Old 02-26-2006, 07:21 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Wow sounds good.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:34 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Ide be all over it if I could afford to be without a car for a month
Old 02-26-2006, 07:55 AM

it takes 2 weeks guys a week to get it here 1 to 2 days to fix it and a week to send it back to you.. remember i can get the clutchs too. talk to airborne and i can pick it up from him and send it with you tranny smile.gif
Old 02-26-2006, 08:54 AM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

I'll keep you in mind when I need it. Right now the engines going in and when it was running the trans was good. First I was getting a grinding like everyone else but then I replaced the clutch and everything was fine two trips to IL and back to TX and was fine. Only thing right after the new clutch about five thousand highway miles later my engine blew.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:18 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'd be interested in that ecu deal if it does fall through.

Question: Do they build up auto trannys there? I plan on keeping my tranny and I have no idea where to go or what to do to get it to be stronger so it wont fail if I turn up the boost. I know I know I should just swap in a manual.. tongue.gif
Old 02-26-2006, 04:56 PM

^ i would swap to a mannual the auto for the tibby are so heavey i dout i could ship them and they are very price here i would say out of 10 tibby 1 is a auto
they auto tranny cant hold much power and to my knowledge there is nothing to build them up at all over here
Old 02-26-2006, 05:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I just looked back because I thought it was different, and in the other thread where you mentioned this stuff first you had a price of $475 instead of $575. Just wondering which is correct wink1.gif thanks bro
Old 02-26-2006, 06:37 PM

So we can get custom gears put in for only 165?
Old 02-26-2006, 10:07 PM

Yeah i'm wondering about this also ^^^ 165 on top of the original price he meant but I would certainly be interested. Also interested in the ECU, MJ would this benefit when I pursue F/I? With your turbo setup what did you do for your ECU?

Thanks for this, great idea I hate having work done on my tibby not many people have knowledge of hyundais around here.