Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Tranny Help

Old 09-02-2005, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone else thinks this is bullshit or is it just that im not fully there cause i just woke up.

had winter car (tib) towed in to dealer for tranny work (94 of 100k miles on drive train) dealer says its out of warenty because of my i/h/e mods and wants to charge me 2700 for a new tranny.

It was initialy brought in because all 3 shift solenoids took a crap, couldnt they just wire in new ones?

Theyve changed my ball joints several times already without charging me, and ive had the same mods so im not seeing their logic, any thoughts?

anyone else have a similar issue?
Old 09-02-2005, 08:15 AM

off topic: i have a manual tranny for sale
on topic: the dealership will try and get out and void the warranty anyway they can
Old 09-02-2005, 09:31 AM

There's a law somewhere stating that any mods you do to your car, they have to prove those mods could have caused the warranty issue, allowing them to void your warranty. Obviously I/H/E mods have nothing to do with the tranny. I'd talk to the manager, and also talk to one of their technicians and ask them how the mods could at all possible cause a transmission issue.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:38 AM

^^ Well said mang.

They can't void your warranty at 94K especially seeing that your mods really have nothing to do with the transmission itself.

You should be entitled to a NEW tranny doode, for free.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:05 AM

They might say the reasoning is that the tranny wasn't ment to handle all that extra horsepower. My tranny went and I had no mods at all(its a automatic). I only had my car for two weeks before it went. The truth is Hyundai transmissions suck especialy automatics. My old 1990 Toyota Celica GT with 190,000 miles on it never had one problem with the transmission and I use to beat on that thing beyond belief.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:23 PM

QUOTE (H3NDR1X15 @ Sep 2 2005, 05:05 PM)
They might say the reasoning is that the tranny wasn't ment to handle all that extra horsepower. My tranny went and I had no mods at all(its a automatic). I only had my car for two weeks before it went. The truth is Hyundai transmissions suck especialy automatics. My old 1990 Toyota Celica GT with 190,000 miles on it never had one problem with the transmission and I use to beat on that thing beyond belief.

thats pritty much what they said in a nutshell.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:45 PM

The dealership can give you a hassle, that's why it's a good idea to remove as much of the aftermarket stuff that you can when you take in. wink1.gif