Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

tranny acting up

Old 01-31-2005, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny acting up

This is actually in reference to my truck, but I'm curious if this sounds familiar to anyone that could possibly let me know what it could be, but I'm leaning towards a transmission problem. The reason I lean toward it being a transmission problem is because it tends (the transmission) to slip when I sit at a stop light or shift from reverse to drive or vice versa and begin to go. But in addition, there's somewhat of a grinding sound when you drive it in reverse. There have also been times where I would step on the gas and the engine would rev but the truck would not move and then suddenly jolts forward and begins to move. Does this sound like a transmission problem to anyone else? If so, any idea what the problem could be?

BTW...it's an A/T to specify...
Old 01-31-2005, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Definitely transmission... however the inner workings of an auto are not my specialty as I've frankly never owned an auto. tongue.gif Sounds like your gears are all screwed up though.