Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Took Out Cps, New Problems Arise.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I changed the Crankshaft position sensor. I resetted the ECU by taking out the negetive terminal, applied the brakes a couple of times and let it sit for maybe 20 minutes(while I was changing the plug)..

WHen I was done, i started the car. The car started healthy.. but when it idles from 2,000 rpm and slowly decreased RPM like what it suppose to do, it boggs and stalls at 1,100 Rpm. the duration is about 10 seconds. Someone please help.

The noise while idling until stall:

It sounds like a grumpy whining sound, this started when i took out the CPS and added a new one.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Basically, I'd go back over the harness and make sure its hooked up and the harness is good. If not, hook back up the old one and see if that helps, since its really a quick thing to change.

If it wasn't installed and/or the electrical clip isn't working right, the car wouldn't start/would bog out, so it might be related to the actual sensor itself

There isn't much around there that you could have knocked loose, but check around just in case.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:46 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

What's an electrical clip?