Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Timing Belt

Old 10-26-2004, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: turbo problems?

I think mine was closer to $350 parts and labour. Something like that. :roll:
Old 10-27-2004, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Any alternatives to the AEM intake? Short on cash... ;_;

ouch ouch and ouch! I am SO glad I am able to do mine myself.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: turbo problems?

im gonna try doing mine myself.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:45 AM

Default Re: 97 Tiburon vs. 03 Acura RSX type S PART 2 !!!!!!!

QUOTE (Sparticus)
shouldn't all dealership prices be the same??

QUOTE (BlackTibby00)
I just had mine done a couple of months ago. Cost $200+ to get it fixed.

and thats canadian... meaning in the states it SHOULD be like $150 or so. weird

nope.. each dealership is independant. they can charge whatever labor rate they'd like
Old 10-27-2004, 10:12 AM

Default Re: aftermarket MAF + SAFC

If you haven't had it replaced and you're at or over 60K miles you DEFINITELY need to get that thing replaced and soon. It's likely to snap soon. Hubby heard about a guy w/ a WRX that didn't believe it needed to be changed and ran on it past 60K and it snapped maybe 1K miles later. Of course he ended up screwed royally. And Subaru charges, around here, $800 for a timing belt replacement or some ish. And all you guys are lucky that it's that cheap. Fairfax AND Gaithersburg Hyundai charge $500 for a timing belt replacement including labour and the 30K, 60K, 90K (all the same damn thing) is about $500 as well. Most of the time I take my car elsewhere but at least Hyundai gives me a rental so I don't have to inconvenience myself with work or anything. I swear...sometimes having a car is more trouble and money than it's worth. :roll:
Old 10-27-2004, 11:25 AM

Default Re: funny noise

.......Have you checked out Field Hyundai in Leesburg yet Lil_tiby?

I got all of the following done for $960.00

Timing belt changed & 1.8L Intake cam installed, 60k service, Rotors and pads installed/lines bled, tranny flushed and refilled.
------------------------------------------------------------
If you go to fitzgeralds......heres a warning :

THEY DON'T KNOW WTF THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!

I was in a crash (my tib was almost totaled)....both front air bags went off (and trashed the windshield), front end needed to be re-aligned.

5 weeks.........3 of which I was told almost daily that Fitzgerald was waiting for a new crash pad......b/c they couldn't just replace the air bags themselves........

BULLSHIT.....

Unfortunately, It wasn't until the 4th week that I went to WEBTECH and found that out......and my tib was already at the dodge/jeep dealership in germantown for the re-alignment and body work (the one on 355 near middlebrook, Don't remember the name) I was happy w/ the work that the body shop performed, but i haven't been back to Fitzgeralds since......and never will.

I think its really sad when someone can find out info on the web FROM HYUNDAI....that their own "Factory Certified" don't know. Also, after replacing my crash pad unnecessarily.....they "FORGOT" to put my VIN plate on the new one.........

evil.gif f*** FITZGERALDS LAKEFOREST
Old 10-27-2004, 11:45 AM

Default Re: FS - Rockford Fosgate speakers

The one in Gaithersburg is a Fitzgerald, Hyundai/Toyota/Chrysler off 355. When I took my car in for the 60K maintenance about a month ago they wanted to replace my pads and possibly rotors b/c my rear pads were 3/4 gone and the rotors were rusted and when I asked them how much it would be the guy told me $4-something. I laughed at him and told him to just do the 60K maintenance b/c I could UPGRADE my entire brake system for less than that. And that's what I did...ordered rotors and pads from rotorpros and since the last 2 weekends have been shot this Saturday they'll be going on. Absolutely ridiculous.

I haven't checked them out but Leesburg is quite a haul from Gaithersburg.....I don't know if I'm willing to drive that far.

That is some ish about the dealership.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Stupid Question

how about this.. dont ever take your car to get worked on somewhere else.. just DIY.. with the internet there is moer than enough resources available to do your own projects... i let my car get worked on one time by a dealer and they broke my alarm and didnt want to take responsibility for it. So I took it to a stereo shop that is certified in installing this brand alarm and they said whoever replaced the shell inside my car behind the dash took off all the grounds and didn't put them back on and thats why my alarm didn't work... I will never again let a shop work on my car.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

sorry to resurrect this, but I am getting close to 60k and my local dealer wants 500+ for the timing belt all by itself...from what I have seen/read on webtech, it just looks like a lot of work as apposed to anything tricky. Am I right/wrong/stupid? Anyone out there changed their own timing belt?
Old 09-01-2005, 02:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

not only is it very time consuming
it is also friggin difficult plus if you get the timing off you can also blow up the motor

if your going to do it replace the drive belts, water pump, the idler and the tensioner at the same time and i would recommend finding a aftermarket crank pulley also since you gotta take it off to do the timing belt anyways