Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Timing

Old 07-04-2001, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing

Does anybody know if you can change the timing on the 2000 Tib to increase power? If anyone does, what is change?
Old 07-04-2001, 01:26 PM

Changing the timing is not possible on cars without distributors.

The only way that you can do this is to have the computer reprogramed or buy a computer chip that is made for your car!

The computer chip will bump up the timing and adj the fuel to get the most from your car!
Old 07-04-2001, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

There are currently no "chips" available for us North American Spec Beta engined Hyundais.

HDK has send some out, but the only person I know who has one, recieved one that would not work on their ECU.

So...there is no way of altering the timing unless you want to do away with the stock ECU and replace it with a HalTec or MoTec type unit.
Old 07-05-2001, 03:51 AM

The stock ecu can do +-5 degree adjust on it's own, the bdc is 10 degrees. The beta is not menat or designed to get cam sprokets to adjust timming easy ( you cn but not easy )
Old 07-05-2001, 05:23 AM

question then:
How do we "tune" our engines? I understand the various mods, but when big-block guys talk about performance tuning, they usually are adjusting timing, lift, and fuel delivery.

Short of an Apexi SAFC and ITC, can we do anything? Or just pray that the computer knows enough to automatically adjust eveyrthing to optimum (yeah right smile.gif )

just wondering,
AC
Old 07-05-2001, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

SAFC...ITC... Or Haltec or MoTec. That's about it.

There is an adjustable cam gear available from Korea. I have one sitting in my garage. It comes with a intake cam with an adjustable "sproket" for the chain.

The problem is that the Belt Gear is marked for timing changes, but the Sproket is not. Also...to adjust the sproket..you have to remove the valve cover...talk about a PAIN IN THE ASS (PITA).

I did not install it in my car due to the turbo instal. We are contemplating installing it on Bradley's car with the supercharger.

I'm actually thinking that we MIGHT find a guinna Pig in the Los Angeles/San Diego area to do the install on. so we can get true numbers vs stock.
Old 07-05-2001, 01:50 PM

Random, I would be up for it, but I am in OHIO and really dont plan on drivin out there any time soon! But if you are lookin to sell it, I would love to test it! I have some friends that are shop wizards and could help me do it. Drop me an email and we can talk
Old 07-06-2001, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

We are trying to find someone in LA/San Diego so I can do the install, and we can have it dyno'ed locally.