Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Throttle Body Spacers

Old 10-03-2006, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

is this post a joke? lol.

dude.....

1) There is NO FREAKIN WAY that a "throttle body spacer" created ICE anywhere NEAR the engine bay. lmao.gif
2) You realize that, "swirling" the air, does nothing but create turbulence, which would actually reduce performance.
3) The only reason a "spacer" works is because it stops heat transfer, keeping intake temperatures down, colder air = denser air = more air = more fuel = more HP!
4) Anyone who told you that those things create "A LOT OF HP" because they "swirl" the air, or that "they work so well it made ice in my engine!" is a complete IDIOT -- refer to numbers 1-3.

LOL

lmao.gif lol.gif haha.gif

Throttle Body Spacer Features:
Up to 22 hp gains*
Up to 4 miles per gallon gains*
Up to 25 ft lb gain in torque*
Easy Installation
Quiet Operation
Performance benfits across entire power band*
Environmentally friendly with cleaner fuel burn
Fifty States Legal (C.A.R.B.# D516-2)
*Performance gains will vary among vehicles and driving styles

... sorry man, don't buy into this crap. it is 100% bs.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:02 PM

The only reason I can think that they made ice was because of the following reasons.

They actually isolated the intake and the throttlebody/carb from each other enough to stop heat soak

It was a cold cold winter

It was raining or snowing out.

Those are the only ways you can make ice...

a more remote reason if the cars or trucks were injected would be that it was throttle body injection. Fuel is always colder because it evaporates off so quickly, taking heat with it, so if combined with the above, it would indeed form ice in the intake.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:13 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Wow dude, didnt you just make a thread about this? They dont work man

All they do is create a restriction, you think an inch of a little bit of metal is going to create enough of a spiraling action to carry all the way down the phlenum, turn at a 90 degree angle and then continue spinning down the runner and still have enough spinning action to significantly increase fuel atomization to make gains?

My friend has a mustang and he installed it, at the time he just called it a throttle body spacer and i thought it was a phenolic spacer but wondered why it was metal. I noticed after he installed the spacer it made a loud sucking noise after he installed it. I asked him if he felt a difference, he said it felt like it lost power, good enough to notice but he liked the sucking noise so he hasnt taken it out. He had his CAI off and i noticed it had the spiral and i was like "dude i cant believe you bought that, thats why you lost power man those things dont work."

The only way i could ever see this concept working is if you made the runner with spiraling baffles that ended right before the injectors. But youd have better luck getting velocity stacks if you were going to modify the manifold
Old 10-04-2006, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I made 2 posts, 1 asking where i can get what i was looking for, and this one which i was told about the spacers.... the whole swirling idea, i have no idea about it, i will try to find you guys what exactly these large trucking companies were using but its not bullshit. the tornado thing is crap, i know, im not entirely stupid. All I can tell you is what a few shop mechanics told me as I towed in an old freightliner to other day, figured maybe somebody knew something about it. Ill tell you more when Im in there next
Old 10-04-2006, 09:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

No need, I posted what they were talking about. It's a BLOCK spacer, just a big spacer, with a HELIX carved into the inner walls. The tornado and others I posted were just an example of things that do the same thing.

It's bullshit either way.

http://www.zmotive.com/shared/6/200-520_450.jpg

Poweraid, Airraid, whatever they call them, the only reason you get gains is because your intake is LENGTHENED.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:01 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Accent, 2007 Kia Spectra

What do you guys think of this one from shark racing?

sorry for necromancing the thread.