Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

throttle body cause this problem?

Old 09-11-2002, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle body cause this problem?

would a throttle body cause your car to boucne for 2000-2300 rpms while in nutreal and slowing down or pump ur idel up rreally high while sitting there?? i think myabe the wirs are to tight or something but im not sure what is wrong wtih my car
Old 09-11-2002, 12:30 PM

Vehicle: 00 elantra

What year tibby is that?

Your wires shouldn't be tight unless they were messed with, if anything they would be come looser. Usually something like that would be cause by your MAF or intake setup. Check your MAF sensor(s) to see if they are damaged or dirty. Also for damaged vacuum hoses. Is your air intake stock?

If anyone has a comment on what I said please let me know. What is the part that controls the idle air? IAC? Could be that.
Old 09-11-2002, 01:01 PM

He installed a direct port system, so he had it (the throttle body) off. Tibboy, your throttle cable should be loose enough so that the cable has play in it. Do NOT make it tight. That will cause your throttle plate to open slightly, raising your idle. I put the bbtb on mine and have since spent much time working on it. Hey, you gonna be headin south at all this weekend? If so, swing by Ames and I can take a look at it as well as the dp setup. Might be able to help.

[ September 11, 2002, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Tib in CB ]
Old 09-12-2002, 12:28 PM

yea damn that nitrous to hell lol no ill love it once i get it working. i dunno sometime we gunna have to plan a time for myabe just u and me to get together maybe next weekend or something(20,21st) before i lose my license damn that DOT to hell wink
Old 09-12-2002, 12:30 PM

oh btw what size is the nut on the cabels i remember tigheting them a bit because my car wouldnt start i figured it was becasue they had gotton adjusted...i cant remember the size and i figure if u coudl tell me before i work on it tomorrow save me a mintue or so(u know about the time it took me to type this damn message lol)
Old 09-12-2002, 07:40 PM

the nuts on the cable are 12mm....good luck with it. i have the same problem with my bbtb sometimes, i just haven't had time to look at it again.