Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Throttle Bodies

Old 02-27-2002, 05:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Bodies

Are the throttle bodies for an automatic differant from that of a manual tib?
Old 02-27-2002, 05:47 AM

Nope, they're the same.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:57 AM

thats what i thouight, but im trying to get a TB from a junkyard and they are telling me that they are differant
Old 02-27-2002, 06:01 AM

they asked me the same thing when I bought mine. "year . . . engine size . . . automatic or manual . . . cruise control . . ."

I told them it didn't matter, and they eventually believed me. The only thing you need to make sure you have is the cruise control arm (basically a second linkage to the throttle lever) if you have cruise. I don't so it didn't matter.

I think some manuals list another sensor for automatics on the throttle body, but I haven't seen it and it isn't in the shop manual.

good luck,
ac
Old 02-27-2002, 06:15 AM

Yeah some cars have a different spring or TPS, but I haven't heard about any significant differences in the betas.

As for the different TPS you mention Curtas, it may be that the manual listed a 'new' tps part number vs. the old one, the original "Dae Sung" sensors have been replaced by a more reliable brand. On the Hyundai parts extranet there are 3 part numbers listed for the sensor but they have progressive dates, not a specification for auto or manual.

If you're sending it out to get bored, you can re-use the accessories attached to the body so long as you're careful taking everything apart.