Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Thermostat?

Old 07-08-2005, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

My car runs just fine while I'm driving with the A/C off. I can drive for as long as I want in the hottest temps that Vegas has to offer and it's fine and dandy. However when I turn on my A/C within 5 miles my temp guage starts moving and I reach over to turn the A/C off but leave the vent fan on and the temp guage will stop going up. I'm thinking thermostat problem but these aren't the circumstances I'm used to with a bad thermostat. BTW, this began after I installed my GT Headers/Apexi Exhaust system onto my car. Maybe just maybe my headers killed my fan? hmm... sad.gif
Old 07-08-2005, 05:43 PM

your ac fan could have died

does it work when you switch on the ac?
Old 07-08-2005, 06:28 PM

did you remove the fans when you installed the headers? If so, open the hood with the engine running. Turn on the air, and check to see which way the air flow is going. I am betting you have the wires backwards and the fan is pulling air OUT of the engine compartment and through the radiator. At an idle is not a problem.. when the car is running, it will negate any airflow passing through from the "grill" and make the car overheat
Old 07-08-2005, 06:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Either what Mad said, or you fried the fan completely. Which is possible since thats the fan closest to the headers, and they do stick out a good ways.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:37 PM

Check first the thermostat..... test it, its very easy..... just put water to boil and throw the thermostat inside.... if it "shrink" at the maximun, then it's ok... if it has any rust, change it......