Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Is there a larger MAS?

Old 12-05-2004, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Turbo Exhaust Question

Hey guys, first of all, I hope I put this in the right section. Second, I was wondering if there's a larger MAS out there? I've never heard of one for sale and was wondering if Mussa, ARK, or anyone else was planning on getting ahold of a larger MAS, making one or something. Correct me if I'm wrong, maybe Hyundai has the MAS smaller then the intake diameter for a reason, BUT isn't this a major restriction? Wouldn't we benifit more from a MAS that was equal to the diameter of the intake pipe (which is usualy 3inches, no?) What do you turbo guys do? thanks
Old 12-05-2004, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Why didnt I have her as a teacher?

Cyber, its MAF not MAS.

And I think this would be a question for either Tim or Dweet.

I have heard of people using larger MAP sensors, but not larger MAF sensors.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:52 AM

Default Re: www.motorimpact.com Mussa

yea, sorry, MassAirFlow sensor..LOL The reason I'm asking is 'cause I know Mussa, Ark and such had been inquiring into maknig new products for our cars and i would be interested in a larger/equal diameter MAF sensor. I know they're offered for 'Stangs and I was thinking, "why couldn't somone make one for a Tib?" It's obvious they're a bottle neck for our cars and we could get better flow from one that was equal to the intake.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Haloz install help

ya know, wildfire on this site has a 04 CVVT elantra...beta II. it is MAF based. he turbo'd it and is apparently only at fifty sometyhing percent of the limit.

i would give that a try.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Is there a larger MAS?

he's talking not about capacity of the MAF, he's talking about it's physical size/diameter.
No, there is no bigger MAF in size for our cars, but FYI, if the intake is build staring at the filter being large(3") to gradually smaller piping (2.5") it will be better because the speed of the air will increase as it enters smaller piping. Did you take physics in school? if you did, you should all know what I'm talking about. RAM IM are build on pretty much the same principal.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:17 PM

Default FS: Stock Corners, and Head Unit

I see what you're saying OP, the smaller diameter of the MAF actually speeds up the air flow into the manifold. I'm still curious to see how well a 3" MAF would work.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:23 PM

Default some questions... bought some new stuff

well, I doubt you ever will because no one is going to make a MAF with 3" diameter for that.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:44 PM

Default Car has no sparkie

No, there are some benifits to having a larger MAF or there wouldn't be so many offered for other cars. Check this site out..they don't make MAF's for our cars but they discuss the power to had from them

http://www.proficientperformance.com/tech_...flow_sensor.php
Old 12-05-2004, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Tips for cleaning?

this aftermarket MAF has definitely more than just different size, it probably has different voltage sending to ecu, therefore tricking it and adding more fuel. They stated that you'll experience ignition and injector timing.

Once again, I do not see any gain in our cars. You can adjust the voltage from MAF by SAFC, which should to the trick.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Car has no sparkie

I was just interested to see if anyone had messed with this or if there were any for sale. I guess if there were any available, a major drawback would be it's cost..these things are a bit pricey.