Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Are there any pros or cons to adding more oil

Old 12-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

i always ran around 5QTs if i recall in the Tiburon, and it was just above the full mark.

I ran 6QTs when I had my bigger oil pan and it was just under full with 6QTs of oil.

if you let it drain a while and throw in 5QTs AND change your filter, I don't think you would have to worry about any issues.

I don't think there are any PROS to doing it though,other than not having a half of quart of oil to store. but, with the leftovers, you only need to buy 4QTs the next time, so you would be saving yourself some $$
Old 12-22-2010, 11:23 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

I change my oil with a filter change everytime, and i let the car get to normal working temp, then undo the drain plug, and also take off the oil cap, and it drains very well as the oil is thinnner, then let it drain till its no longer drpping, then replace plug, and R&R oil filter, the I always fill the Tib with 5 quartz VR1
Old 01-17-2011, 08:02 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra

My beta2 always took ~3.6 quarts to fill it up all the way WITH the filter. After I swapped oil pans due to mine getting stripped out it took a full 4 qts to fill it up. I don't know where everyone is getting 5 qts from. That's just crazy. Oil spec books will all tell you 4.2 but I never use those books because they are often wrong.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

^^^ exactly why i just buy a gallon and be done with it.