Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Thanks Bat Lord

Old 01-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Jon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Bat Lord

Hopefully this is the right forum as its not a performance mod but engine appearance.

Anyway this is just to say thanks Bat Lord for the info on paint used for painting your engine bay. After this i decided i was going to have a go myself. I just thought id post a pic of my first attempt at cleaning my engine bay and getting it a little colour coded.

Old 01-15-2003, 04:34 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

damn, looks 10x's better... smile.gif now paint the 2 snake heads... that's a kewl filter setup
Old 01-15-2003, 04:35 AM

NICE! So what process did you use? I wamt to do mine in blue.
Old 01-15-2003, 05:04 AM

batlord... why dont you post a pic of that pretty *** engine bay

Tell us were you got all the hoses and that electrical rapping stuff
Old 01-15-2003, 05:20 AM

Well since it helped one it might help more decide between spray cans and real automotive paint...

and for info purposes...

My paint code is LE and it's PPG paint, and it's used on the valve cover and turbo piping, and I have to say I myself am surprised the paint has held, but there's yet to be any fading or discoloration... just remember some parts are different material, but as you see the paint difference isn't so severe... so JON take a chance man, and paint the pipes... or at least the ones you can see

The hoses are wrapped in VITEK BRAIDS, contact Erick Meckes at www.vitekperformance.com tell him I sent you, he's a super kewl guy, and might be able to hook you up, with the color you all need... also this is not a recent pic, but I have switched the wires for now to MAGNECORS, this picture shows the old braided VITEK wires, they're good but not for top boost, I am in the process of waiting for their RACE only wires, with no braid but still blue, and I will put them to the test next to the magnecors, I'll let you guys know how that turns out

the rest is loom, which I have to get rid off...

[ January 15, 2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]
Old 01-15-2003, 05:43 AM

Your selling the wire loom?

I got dibs... wink

I thought the loom was the vitek braids...

So where did you buy the silicone hoses?

Any more pics?

Our engine bays look very similar... except for the seashell thing you have infront of the engine...
Old 01-15-2003, 05:47 AM

lol no more loom left, and there are no hoses, that's why I like the braids better, a bitch to keep clean but nicer, and in pictures it looks like hoses... smile.gif
Old 01-15-2003, 06:51 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon

smile.gif Excellent job Jon. I like the setup Alpine delivers, I hope rolleyes.gif my future engine bay looks like yours and Batlords.

Keep it clean and two thumbs up!
Old 01-15-2003, 07:03 AM

looks good are you painting the cam gear cover as well? question for you or yuri what type of temps. do you think that paint can take and did you use any type of pimer or clear coat after painting? thanks
Old 01-15-2003, 07:05 PM
Jon

To be honest i wouldnt have a clue how high a temp it can take ive just been told that it will be fine on any for the parts in the bad that are not directly related to the turbo or block. As most of them are plastic i suppose they would melt if they got that hot. Yes i am going to do the cam gear cover along with the piping etc.

As for the primer and laquer they were just a good quality standard one as i was told thet this was fine.

Thanks for the compliments but as for
I hope my future engine bay looks like yours and Batlords
I wouldnt say that yet im still hoping mine looks as good as Bat Lords and i have a way to go yet.

PS when i say standard paint i mean the same as the outside we have a few places that will mix up the proper paint and tin it for you works out more expensive than standard tined paint but as Bat Lord said its better quality.

[ January 16, 2003, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: Jon ]