Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Temptation Has Come, Switching From Auto To Manual

Old 04-25-2006, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Temptation has finally arrived with this. Level 10 Performance wanted $4,200.00 dollars to do a full rebuild of my transmission including new torque converter. However, I have been finding manual transmissions for my car (03-04, 99-01), and im getting convinced it will be cheaper and more benificial (also more fun) to use a manual transmission. Plus, ill be able to achieve the true power of my car using this.

Using a performance clutch/flywheel system, is there anything I can do to bullet proof the manual transmission?

Also I know there is many DIY's to switch gear systems over, and from what ive seen, many people have re-wired the car for it. When i called hyundai, there were 3 different harnesses to use with my car. Now if I do decide to switch over, can the harness be a simple plug and play? Because I havent seen a DIY for the GK 2003 models, nor do I know anyone who has done one. Would buying a wireharness be more benificial?

Please, inputs and comments are appreciatede im STRONGLY considering this.

Thanks,

Derek
Old 04-25-2006, 10:52 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

You might have more luck at NT, as you have a different motor/trans than we do.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:06 AM

Really? I thought the Beta II was with you guys too (the 2nd generation tiburon).
Old 04-26-2006, 07:35 AM

No, we all have Beta I's