Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Strange Knocking noise FIXED!!

Old 03-29-2005, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Knocking noise FIXED!!

Hey all. I really appreciate all the help you guys' offered in replies on the strange knocking noise I had on my car (http://www.rdtiburon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6520 . They just called me and figured out what it is. Everyone (including me) was sure it had something to do with the CV joint or boots.. when really it needed a new set of motor mounts, haha. Either way it's free because of warranty. Thank you Hyundai for an unbelievable warranty, haha. It's about time I got some good news.. now I can keep the car around. The car was honestly started to become a lemon.. and costing a lot of money to keep around. Now I am keep it laugh.gif: . I'm ecstatic, haha. smile.gif
Old 03-29-2005, 01:36 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Glad we could be of..........well, no help at all. 02.gif

Good to hear you got everything straightened out and you're keeping the Tib.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

WTF? Why did no one think of that?

Glad it got fixed though mang.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:47 PM

This knocking noise..... could you hear it while you were just sitting still? My car makes a knocking/rattling noise but i have know idea what it is. Im going to stop by the hyundai dealor again thursday and have them listen to it...
Old 03-30-2005, 10:19 AM

LOL. the hyundai dealership just called me and they said they replaced the motor mounts, took it for a test drive and transmission fluid started spraying everywhere. turns out theres a hole through the transmission, as well. it's covered by warranty luckily, haha. just sucks because i thought that i would have it back today.. ah well tongue.gif new tranny i guess, haha. oh and no i couldnt hear the noise while the car was idling... just while i was turning and accelerating.. it shook the whole damn car tongue.gif