Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Spec Clutch

Old 05-18-2007, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok im getting my turbo installed this weekend.I have a stage 3 spec clutch in it allready and had no problems so far.I also have a clutchnet red one.Should I switch it to the clutchnet?im going for like 300whp. how is it some poeple run 300whp and have no problems and some did?
Old 05-19-2007, 10:37 AM

switch to a southbend wink1.gif

run that clutchnet over the spec, spec's have more then a worse record with us, like most of us would run an OEM clutch on turbo, before they would install a spec. pretty much every car tib that tried the spec, it failed in. i had 3 failures, i even had to send them back so they could verify it was a build error on there part, and not impropper install, or abuse. the 2nd clutch slipped right from the 1st start. all they did was replace them. install, removal, and downtime while my clutch was sent out so they could test it, and send it back was all out of my pocket.

f*** SPEC!
Old 05-19-2007, 10:49 AM

I had a spec in my Tib when I sold it and I never had a problem with it even when I was running nitrous. Soooo I dunno, if you have one in there already just use it till it burns out and then replace it with the other one you have. Why do extra work when you have a capable clutch already and if the spec sucks with that much power then you know the answer to your question already smile.gif
Old 05-19-2007, 11:36 AM

well i just dont want to blow tranny or nothing.And I get a good deal on the install,cause I dont want to do it again.I might just go for the safe side.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:21 PM

You wont blow your tranny, you'll just burn on the clutch or it will slip if it cant handle the power. You'd save money if your spec can handle it.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:48 PM

I might give it a try,but dont want what happen to jongtr happen to me.