Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

So My Car Won't Start After Replacing The Clutch.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As you may know I just replaced my clutch. Got it all back together, checked to make sure everything was plugged in again, also changed my fuel filter while the trans wasn't there. Now it turns over fine but it won't start. I also don't have a code reader so its impossible for me to know if its throwing one. So..... yeah... anyone had this happen or have any ideas?
Old 04-13-2010, 12:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2006 Kia Spectra5

When you replaced the filter, did you make sure to transfer all the o-rings to the new filter? I keep hearing of people replacing the filter and car not starting, because they forgot a few O-rings ... pump will not build pressure without them. Anyway, something to check.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:47 AM

Good Idea. I'll let you know how that turns out. I didn't even think about it lol.

Alright. Well it turns out That the new filter was totally clogged. So I just put the old one back in. Now that I got to drive it again I need to re-adjust the shifter. Think it would be best to use the adjustments under the console or tie down the lines in the engine bay?
Old 04-13-2010, 06:53 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

hmm im getting a new clutch put in my car within the next 2 weeks. i'll keep this in mind
Old 04-14-2010, 06:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (Steve s @ Apr 13 2010, 01:47 AM)
Good Idea. I'll let you know how that turns out. I didn't even think about it lol.

Alright. Well it turns out That the new filter was totally clogged. So I just put the old one back in. Now that I got to drive it again I need to re-adjust the shifter. Think it would be best to use the adjustments under the console or tie down the lines in the engine bay?

Adjust the shifter with those adjustment nuts under the console. Make sure you tighten it good once your all done cause they can vibrate loose.