Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

So I Finally Got My Car Back..

Old 09-16-2005, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once again, my car spent time away from me. I got new stuff though.

You all remember how I had the ticking problem in the Head? Sounded like the lifters were clicking. Well, that problem escalated and at 60,000 miles, Hyundai replaced my entire Engine. I have a whole new Long Block in my car at 60,000 miles... nice huh?

Well, another problem turned up which prompted me to install a Stage III Clutch. Grinding from 1st-2nd gear. I drove the car for 5,000 miles with this problem after installing the clutch and the problem started showing up with 2nd-3rd gear shifts also. In went another call to the Dealership. They knew about the problem, but neither them nor I had time to work on it at the time.

So... It went back into the dealership. They set me up with a rental and I waited... a week went by and they said they were waiting for new Syncros to come in, however, their database had a wrong listing and they ordered the wrong ones. AJ (HyundaiFixer) said screw it, and ordered me a whole new transmission instead. So, 65,000 miles on my car, and I now I have a brand new transmission in my car. All expenses paid for, work, parts, rental. I only spent $7.00 for a new Oil filter.

No more shifting problems what-so-ever. Brand new engine is broken in and stronger than ever... So nice. Can't thank AJ enough.

65,000 miles... whole new drivetrain... so cool! Time for a turbo! haha.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:55 PM

Wow.. nice to see the white bastard up and running again.

You me and chris need to get together mang.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:00 PM

I know. Been so long since any of us did anything together. In fact, people in Hyper Auto Club were asking where the hell I've been cause I haven't been to any of the club meets in a while. Although this past week has been interesting. Had two people I know die to cancer in the past week. One was my friend's mom and the other my Uncle-in-law's Father. Stuff sucks. There is a meet this weekend for the club, but once again I'm going to be busy. I have a funeral to go to.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:04 PM

Lucky bastard.