Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Slice N Dice.. Please Help...

Old 09-28-2006, 01:52 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, i found out my transmission problem.. it sliced through about half of the transmission case (will post pics tommorow.. )

so i replaced my oil seal, yeah thought it was that easy, filled up the diff. with some nice mobil 1 gear oil.. o yah, didnt spill hardly any.. and let the car sit, no fluid was spilling out anywhere, so i started her up. drove her around a bit, not beating on it at all.. and then i tried shifting over 3krpm.. FOCKIN shit, no go.. so i drive a bit, and hope maybe itll fix itself.. couldnt even shift into 2nd over 3krpm 02.gif with new seal, new fluid and everything. so i go to shift into 3rd at like 15mph, lil hard to shift, then tires chirp.. 02.gif uh oh.. clank, grind, clunk.. clutch pedal feels really weird, then i hear grinding.. 02.gif coast into a parking lot.. i managed to get it into gear, and coasted a bit in first, thought i might have lost everything above 1st gear..

i wasnt that lucky, as i coasted a lil bit, transmission still engaged with clutch pushed in, it stopped, and i pushed clutch in to get it into reverse to see if that worked.. with clutch pushed ALLL the way in, it tried engaging and stalled 02.gif 02.gif 02.gif.. tried to start back up, NOTHING, AT ALL.. not a damn thing, no starter spin, no trying to start, nothing.. it was 2:45 am and i had/have interview at 10am, so now i gotta call a tow, walk back to my house, get my POS grand am that had to be push started at the hyundai dealership, and missy had slippers on and we had to walk .5 miles home, find a towing company, and drive back to the car..

so i pop hood, throw flashlight in there, under the hood, and look to see if driveshaft is still in.. all good.. look at transmission, theres a big metal piece.. looks like one of the pieces of pressure plate. SLICED a 11" gash in the side of the transmission, a clean cut, 11" around the transmission.. i always wondered if that could happen.. f*** f*** f*** f***.. 02.gif and on top of that, i look and theres lil radiator fluid collecting at the bottom of my radiator, so my 4$ fix is gonna be like a 900$-1500$ fix now 02.gif.. i start work (already got hired b4 todays int.) on thursday, and the POS barely starts, and now i need a CLUTCH, transmission, and my oil pan fixed, and maybe radiator... 02.gif

freakin aye, if anyone knows of a transmission that they can find, with low miles, let me know, i need it STAT. and imma buy a clutch online right now.. act stage III i think..
Old 09-28-2006, 01:59 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Wow, that's craziness. Wish you luck in fixing that.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:10 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

WTF....who installed your clutch?
Old 09-28-2006, 06:16 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

there are 2 yards that have 6-7 beta trannys between em. pm if u want me to start callin
Old 09-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Banned

an old buddy installed my clutch... optimoprime, can you find out the mileage on those transmissions, and get me the lowest mileage one.. and a price.. ill buy it

will a beta II transmission be a direct bolt up to the beta? theres one on ebay with 12k miles for 400$

and i think imma get the ACT clutch..
Old 09-28-2006, 03:13 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

damn man that sux hard. but hit me up next time you need a tow. pm me if you want phone #. im not that far away and i have a truck and trailer so hit me up if you want help ya know
Old 09-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Banned

heres pics

Old 09-28-2006, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Do you need a whole new tranny? Are the gears all messed up?
Might just need a new housing.

I have the housing from the gear box i blew 5th gear to pieces.

let me know
Old 09-28-2006, 06:49 PM

i had a act clutch stage 3 6 pucks unsprung, i put it with a new aluminum flywheel and the clutch now its bad drove it for only 10k and the TOB got stuck into the pressure plate..
now i need a new clutch and flywheel.. lol gonna send the act to get rebuild with the flywheel as well.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That sucks so bad..I feel really bad for ya!

Ive never seen a transmission split like that, thats crazy. are you going to be able to do the whole transmission work yourself? because I dont think Id trust your friend to do your clutch work again.

I really wish you luck, Ive been having difficulties like this all month but luckily I got a job a couple weeks ago so Im going to get some back. Dont worry though, youve got a great girlfriend who will def. help you out if your feeling crappy. fing02.gif