Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Short Throw Shifter

Old 01-21-2007, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, got a quick question for all of you. I was wondering which short throw shift is the better of the selection. I have used B&M products before and have always been impressed with there quality and function. However I have noticed more and more people going with the ones from K-Spec, Import Shark, Shark Racing. I have read some things on some of these being sloppy with the mounting and such. What are your opinions and why.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:52 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

B&M is ok. check the "short shifter showdown" thread for more info. click here http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...hifter+showdown
Old 01-21-2007, 11:01 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

In a word the ARK is the best, but costs somewhere north of $120. Second best is the Megan, which you can get for half that, but it has a couple of issues.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:06 AM

Awesome thanks.............
Old 01-21-2007, 02:32 PM

ARK fing02.gif It was worth the money to me...
Old 01-24-2007, 08:25 PM

I will be putting an ark in my car by march fing02.gif
Old 01-24-2007, 09:29 PM

I have the Megan Racing shifter. A couple issues i had with it were the shift pattern numbers on the knob didnt line up straight, so it was all canted off at an angle. easily fixed by unscrewing the knob and adding a couple of washers until it lined up right.
The other issue i had was this popping noise when i would move the shifter lateraly. This was caused by this little ball post thing on the bottom of the shifter that is a little different than the oem one. When i installed my new one i took off this little plastic clevis piece from the old one and put it on the new one. The little ball would pop out of this piece every time i would shift left or right and hit the metal "O" part that it sits in, making a "POP". So i just took that plastic piece off and added a couple washers onto the ball post thing until it sat deep enough in the "O" part that i could shift into all gears. Works beautifully now, i love it. tongue.gif