Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

S-AFC Correction map plotter

Old 03-10-2003, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S-AFC Correction map plotter

Hi,

I just finished a little piece of software which should be useful to people using an S-AFC (1st or 2nd gen). The software plot the 3D correction map of the S-AFC, which can help you tune your car by visually examining your settings. It gives you the correction % related to a certain RPM and Throttle. I personally think that this software should be very useful for tuning, if not necessary smile.gif But then again, I may be biased hehe...

The usefulness of this tool comes from the fact that the S-AFC is not *exactly* linear in it's correction % calculation; if the current throttle is BETWEEN the low and high throttle point, the correction % is a result of "how far" the current throttle is between the low and high throttle. Otherwise, when the throttle is lower or higher than the low or high throttle points, it just directly uses the related value in one of the 2 correction tables.

So, say your Low Throttle Point is 20% and your High Throttle Point is 80%. You are currently at 30% throttle. The value of the Low Throttle Table will have more "weight" than the one from the High Throttle Table, but both will still be used to calculate the correct correction %.

If you have the same Throttle Points but you are currently at 10% throttle, then the value will be directly taken in the Low Throttle Table. Same thing when your throttle is higher than 80%.

Since the whole thing is pretty hard to visualize and that one needs a perfect map to tune a car perfectly, I conceived this little software. Here's a screenshot:

You can zoom, move, change perspective, save the graph as an image.

You can also save your settings and open them later.

You'll need the Microsoft .NET Framework to use this software (sorry guys, I was lazy... wink ). You can find it HERE, or through Windows Update.

Finally, here's the software:

S-AFC Correction map plotter (374k)

Happy tuning!

[ March 10, 2003, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Agarwal ]
Old 03-10-2003, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

*bows down to Agarwal*
Old 03-10-2003, 07:27 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

Has always, you're a genius Agarwal wink
NICE job

Denis
Old 03-10-2003, 07:55 AM

Nice one Agarwal
Old 03-10-2003, 07:56 AM

Well this is going to help alot. Downloading rightnow.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:49 AM

Tell me guys if you'd find anything else useful in that little software. I'll see what I can do.

I'd love to make some more useful tools for the community; I just need some ideas. So if you have any suggestions... post it here.

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2003, 10:04 AM

You think i can use this calculation in a 4cyl GK.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:21 AM

Rols: the software is general, it is not bound to a particular car or make; it is only useful to help you tune your s-afc.

I just upped the "resolution" of the graph by a factor of 4; I'll replace the original .zip later tonight with the updated version.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:47 AM

The only thing I was kind of funny on is how it zooms. By holding down the right mouse button and scrolling up or down. Not critizing just letting you know. This graph kicks *** . I am a visual aid kind of person have to see to believe.

[ March 10, 2003, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: techcontib ]
Old 03-10-2003, 01:24 PM

the new version is online!
same address as upper!

http://www.cobraspeed.net/safc_plotter.zip

enjoy tongue.gif