Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Rough Shakey Throttle

Old 12-10-2006, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

well good news, cars back laugh.gif

crappy news, fender dont fit so have to take it to a body shop and actually get them to fix it all 02.gif more money

alright well before the accident, like september, the car idled somewhat fine, but every couple minutes it would sort of dip for a second and then go back up making the car shake

now that i got it back its even worse then i remember it, idles at around 900 - 950 if i had to guess by looking at the tach and it shakes like bad now... and also when i hover my foot over the clutch it pulses pretty quick, and dont remember that happening before

pretty sure i can just raise the idle to sort of fix the problem, but what about the pulsing clutch and dips in idle?

thanks guys
Old 12-10-2006, 09:30 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

this has been discussed many times but here are some of the causes:

1) bad TPS
2) clogged up PCV

you could try PCV first, as it is a cheaper replacement. if the problem persists, look into purchasing a new TPS
Old 12-10-2006, 09:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

another thing you should do that would be cheap is to buy yourself a bottle of intake/throttle body cleaner, and a package of red rags, and spray the bajesus out of your throttle body (engine off) and wipe away all the carbon buildup and clean up your throttle body and plate. it may or may not aid your problem, but it's cheap and is a generally good maintenance for your car. speaking of which i should do mines too.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:15 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ is there a reason for "red" rags? I usually use blue shop towels from walmart (rags) for everything.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:13 AM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

is the maf facing the right way?

this may also happen if ur engine mounts are shot. might have damaged them in the accident.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^^ Engine mounts may cause a harsh vibration, or even a slight vibration, but shouldn't cause the irratic idle.

QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Dec 10 2006, 11:15 AM)
^^ is there a reason for "red" rags? I usually use blue shop towels from walmart (rags) for everything.

HA! no particular benifit from the red rags, that's just always been my choice of cleaning towel/rag, whatever works for the job.