Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Resealing The Oil Sump

Old 05-01-2010, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 rd2 coupe 1.8

TBH, If you have the cas give to a mechanic to do. lol. My sup was leaking from the sealing areas. I think Hyundai over engineered it. Steps: you have to unbolt your headers from the block and basically take them of, and also unbolt the Cat. 8-9 14 mm nuts and 2 17mm nuts OD. Then You have to remove the gaurd,which is held by 5 14mmod bolts(probably m10. You definately need a 1/2 drive for them. Then remove 2 m6 bolts(m10 socket required)holding the flywheel sheild. And then you have the beauty of unbolting 20 or so m6 bolts, which four of them are next to the flywheel and you needa a tiny 1/4 inch drive. Nothing else will fit. And then get a screwdriver and hammer and bash it off from the outside of the car. Not underneath. You guys know the rest. Clean the sump, remove the old sealant and rea seal. Alot of the company's use the whithe sealant, but the best one I have seen is the Loctite 5922 for those type of aps.