Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Red, maybe you will respond here......

Old 03-24-2002, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red, maybe you will respond here......

You never responded to the 2 posts about the G4GC. I gave you pics, Hyundai Usa info & Hyundai in Korea info about the G4GC. I haven't found anything on this G4GD you keep stating. Where can I find info on that engine? I just want to make sure "I" have the right info. I like to know all the engine codes so that I may know all the variations(sp?). Thanks.....
Old 03-24-2002, 06:09 PM
Red

Hmmm, dunno about that. You can find the "F", "M" and "D" are all listed at:

http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech

Just choose Tiburon or Elantra as the car type, and then choose your engine size. Notice that next to the engine size, there is a letter at the begining (ex: F - 2.0 Liter)

If you notice, there's only F, D and M listed. There's no reference whatsoever to C.

That's where I'm getting my info. But obviously if there's a big-assed G4GC, then it must be a "C" whatever that means.

-Red-
Old 03-25-2002, 10:10 AM

Didn't you look at the pic I took of my Engine code? The Hyundai USA info, the Hyundai Korea web page? The G4GC does exist and is in the 2001+ Elantra and 2003 Tib.
Old 03-25-2002, 10:16 AM

The only mention I see of a "D" is the drop box. If you actually go to Engine mechanical, then specs you will see it say G4GC. I think they hit the wrong key on the drop box. Here, I C&P'd it for you..atleast the important part smile.gif
In-line, Double Overhead Camshaft

Number of cylinder

2.0L Eng. [G4GC]
Old 03-25-2002, 10:21 AM
Red

Haha! Check that out smile.gif

Well who knows... I'm more likely to believe the stamp on the side of your block versus Hyundai's computer illiterate junkeys that can't type correctly

So now the better question is -- is there really a G4GD motor? Or has it been G4GC all along?

Gotta love webtech...
Old 03-25-2002, 10:38 AM

The funny thing is I thought YOU typed the wrong key a long time ago when you were talking about the new XD Elantra engine. I found a website in Korea that list EVERY SINGLE Hyundai Engine code EVER. The G4GD was not on it. There was some on there I never even heard of, like:
G4GB 2001 1.8L Beta
G4ED 2000+ 1.6L Beta
G4GR 1.6L Beta
I guess these are Greece engines? BTW here is my engine code pic