Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Random S-AFC, Not found in Search

Old 05-02-2002, 10:04 AM
BV1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random S-AFC, Not found in Search

I need to know if the Gen1 APEXi black S-AFC with the 5 knobs will work with the MAF tiburons. I know the Gen 2 (blue one) will, I know that it dosent matter if its a MAP or a MAF, but then Gen 1 has a car select and a bunch of dip switches in the back, and no tiburon listed in the manual. APEXi says niether of them will work with the Tiburon, but ppl here seem to be getting them working just fine. Which car setting do you set it to, or will only then Gen 2 work? Your help is greatly appreciated smile.gif
-Steve
Old 05-02-2002, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I'm not familar with the GEN1 S-AFC.

What you would have to to is find out from Apex-i if the GEN1 works with ANY MAF or MAP equipped cars that use a 0-5V MAP or MAF.

If so, then it should work.

We know the GEN2 works, why do you want to use the Gen1?
Old 05-02-2002, 06:58 PM

Actually, as far as i know. The "gen1" is actually just an AFC, this is just a bunch of knobs, no readouts or anything. The S-AFC shouldnt be THAT much more money, & not too much more for the dyno tuned install. So, unless ur gettin a REALLY good deal on the AFC, i would wait & get the S-AFC, its gonna be alot more useful in the long run. Plus it looks really kool, hehe
Old 05-03-2002, 12:36 AM
BV1

The reason I was after the Gen 1 S-AFC was because there is a guy less then 100km away selling one, the 2nd gens are $295 us, and I can get a first gen for about $120 US. On the second gens is there a vehicle type setting?