Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Random!!

Old 11-30-2001, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random!!

Hey Dude!!
I have a quick question for you.
Since i have the SR 58mm TB you think its worth for me to get the Barney one so that i can run a 61-62mm TB?
I'm asking this because i think it would be more beneficail since im going Turbo.
Or i shouldnt bother!! Thanks!!
Old 12-01-2001, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The gain from 58 to 61/62 is not that significant, unless you are going to also bore out the IM to match.

I have sam sending me one of the 58 MM Stock TB's to see how large one of those can be bored out. I'm hoping for 65mm!

The real restriction is the MAF. At 58 MM the TB is larger in diamter than the MAF is. However with a turbocharged car, since everything is pressureized on the Intake side...the size opening is not THAT critical. Since the MAF sits between the Filter and the turbo...again, not that critical, as the turbo can suck a hell of a lot harder than the engine can alone.

Idealy, in a perfect world, sure a TB the size of a big gulp glass would be nice...but not very practical. With forced induction, moving frm 58 to 61/62 MM isn't enough of a size difference to see a gain.

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]