Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Questions about vacuum readings

Old 04-01-2011, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Questions about vacuum readings

Which VAC line is the best to read from?

Is the following normal: Large drop when fans kick in?

And lastly, what the following condition may mean: After the engine is warm, and the engine returns to idle, at like a stop sign per-say, if the engine is allowed to idle for more than a few seconds the needle slowly becomes erratic growing from a steady reading to about a 3 or 4 "hg fluctuation. Perhaps I'm not using a very stable vacuum line in the first place???

I've searched the web but haven't been able to find any good answers about it.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:31 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i have a vacuum video somewhere on my youtube page i think.... I can't check here because I'm at work and youtube is blocked. http://www.youtube.com/outleradam If it's not there, then it is on one of my two photobucket accounts... photobucket.com/drivingtibnaked or photobucket.com/adamoutler

the vacuum is easily read from one of the nipples on the intake manifold... like fuel pressure.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:33 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Your problem sounds like it is electrical in nature. disconnect your car sterio system (if you have one) and take it to Autozone or Advanced for a battery test. If the battery is fine, then you may need a new alternator.