Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Questions??????

Old 11-28-2001, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions??????

I already order the ZEX Kit today, I want to use the 65 or 75 nozzle later on my car. I know that with the 65 and 75 shot I will need to change the fuel pump with a third generation RX7 pump or I dont what gen of the Eclipse I can use. I found this two brands of fuel pump Holley with 255 liter/hr and BBK with 225 liter/hr, both have pumps for the RX7 and Eclipse. 1-Which are better for me?
Other thing that I know is that I have to change the injectors. 2-Where I can find those that can work with my future setup?
3- Which stage of ClutchMaster is for my tib?
Old 11-29-2001, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

For injectors, contact www.rceng.com They have an online worksheet that will help you figure out what injectors to use. How are you going to limit the larger injectors when not on Nitrous? If you just slap in larger injectors, you will be running rich 90% of the time till you hit the Nitrous.

Clutchmasters has a stage2 through stage5 for the Tiburon. I have the Stage 3 carbon kevlar unit. That should hold just fine for you 75 shot. You also might want to look into KORE's clutches, they were a tad cheaper if I remember right.

For the fuel pump, the Last gen RX7 Twin Turbo fuel pulp, or the Second Gen Mitsu Turbo is the fuel pump. Either one should work just fine. The Rx7 is overkill unless you plan on running more than a 75 shot, so I woul reccomend the Eclipse unit.
Old 11-30-2001, 02:02 AM

Ahem!! before you go to 75 shot don't forget about the timing and plugs, and wires, and get a window switch to. Be warned if you hit the rev limiter on juice 65 or 75 shot say bye bye to those hla's to.
Old 11-30-2001, 02:47 AM

Ahem!! before you go to 75 shot don't forget about the timing and plugs, and wires, and get a window switch to. Be warned if you hit the rev limiter on juice 65 or 75 shot say bye bye to those hla's to.
--------------------
I'm nitrous illiterate... (mostly auto illiterate to begin with... but i'm learnDing!) Help me out, Brendan. Timing of what? Ignition, or do you mean length of shot? What's the window switch do, is it an emergency cutoff for the nitrous? What's HLA stand for? Can anyone point me to a good nitrous guide or general directions? Thanks.
Old 11-30-2001, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Brendan- I wasn't going to dig into that far, as he didn't ask those questions, but since others have asked, It's a good thing you brought them up.

Majin Cthonian -
A window switch turns the nitrous ON at a certian RPM, so you don't spray a 75 shot at 800 rpm...it also shuts off the Nitrous at a certian RPM, thus it is a switch that only sprays nitrous in a "rpm window"...so it is called a window switch.

H.L.A's = Hyudraulic Lash Adjusters. The Beta motors use hyudraulic adjusters that pump up with oil to keep the valve clearances withing tolerances. If you spray nitrous up to the rev limiter, you can exceed the rev limiter due to extra speed/power of the nitrous. That is why you should set the upper limit of the Nitrous window switch BELOW the Rev Limiter.