Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Question For Those Who Have Sprayed There Engine Before.

Old 01-07-2006, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

This comign spring I would like to spray degreaser all over my engine bay and rinse with water but I always have a nightmare that things would go wrong with my car. Like I would always hear that people's sensors go bad or the water goes into the spark plug holes and f*** up the engine. ANy ideas to clean the engine?
Old 01-07-2006, 09:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yes.

I started lookin for a good system again since the old CD 2 engine detailing kit is gone.

The answer?

The NEW CD 2 engine detailing spray.

LOL No joke. Ask any of the guys that were here for the last ABQ BBQ. You go get a can of your favorite engine degreaser (Don't use a citrus based one), and use it as per the directions. Get a can of the CD 2 engine detailer and use it exactly as it says. Actually, spray a BIT more than you think you need.

Let it sit and mostly dry, then go drive your engine hard for about 20 minutes. It dries on and your engine looks brand friggin new.

Amazing.

Don't use gasoline like some here will say, for obvious reasons.

When you are using the degreaser (This last time I just used the GUNK brand Gel Degreaser, it didn't just slick off, it sorta sticks), just don't spray a lot around the alternator holes, or on your belts. Don't spray a bunch on the sensors. That's all.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ham will refrain from the gas argument again. fing02.gif Search if you consider it as an option. tongue.gif

I tried a method I got from a Supra site.. and it kicked ass. I dig it up later.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:09 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like to use silicone lube on all the rubber/plastic. it cleans everything nicely, even old brown hoses. it dries quick so it dosn't attract dirt. It also adds a layer of silicone too.

you use it like you were cleaning a coffee stain off of your dashboard with 409 or something. It comes out nice and stock black.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:50 PM

Agreed. Don't use a citrus based one. I learned the hard way. It left all this white crap all over my engine. My elbow was sore from scrubing it all off afterwards. I just used Armoral Wipes. They work great. fing02.gif
Old 01-07-2006, 11:39 PM

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226748

Before:

After:
Old 01-08-2006, 12:18 AM

Can you paste the text hamhead? It won't let me view unless I register. If only there was a miracle spray that would transform it from the first pic to the second with no work. I need to find something that removes corrosion with minimal scrubbing.

Citrus degreasers can be very damaging for some metals, causing hairline cracks, and discolor/degrade certain rubbers and plastics. I wouldn't use them on anything besides wheels.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:27 AM

Basically it takes the CD2 and adds some more stuff to go along with it. Has tons of pictures and about a 20 page discussion. I'd register just for that lol.

1) Go to Auto Zone. Get 2 cans of GUNK Foamy Engine Brite engine cleaner.

2) Get 2 cans of CD2 Engine Detail Spray-If you can't find it at Auto Zone get it here.http://www.midwayautosupply.com/det...iption.asp?4618

3) Get a plastic shopping bag (Assuming all of you have a aftermarket intake.)

4) Let the engine get totally cool and dry. Cover the intake with the plastic bag and apply the GUNK Foamy Engine Brite. I prefer to do this step at the power washer, because the power washer will REALLY get rid of all the dirt in the hard to get spots.

5) Let the GUNK sit for 5 minutes, and then if you have a REAL dirty engine bay, use a brush and scrub the most dirty areas with the brush or rags.

6) Spray off engine compartment. Use power washer at this step if you really want a clean engine compartment.

7) Repeat this process again without the brush. This will assure all the dirt has been washed away.

8) Let the engine completely dry.

9) Apply the CD-2 Engine Detailer. Let it soak on the engine for 20 minutes. Wipe down the entire engine, although the instructions do not say this. This will make the shine much better and remove the excess detail spray.

10) Run the engine for 20 minutes with the hood open then drive it for 10 minutes. This will seal the coatings.

11) Use Mothers Metal polish on any polished surfaces to bring out the shine.

That's it, and the motor will stay looking new for about a month, then you need to repeat the process.

Enjoy

Check it out. Invited Ryan over for an Hardtop engine detailing party. I suppose you could say this is a slight improvement.

From Cardomain-Before and After
Old 01-08-2006, 09:50 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Tibby

I've used Mean Green and just cheap Autozone engine cleaner without problems. Just make sure that when you spray off the engine itself that you don't use much pressure (I've had cars that had problems when water got where it shouldn't)...I usually take off the sprayer end and just use the hose itself. Afterwards you can take a cloth and wipe it all down. This is what works for me.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

This is perfect timeing. I'm planning to do this tuesday. Just a couple questions. Do you spray the GUNK and CD2 over everything and just avoid spraying a lot where Redz mentioned? Is there anything else that I should maybe cover just to be safe? I think that's it. Thanks guys.