Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Question About Radiator.

Old 08-17-2005, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1991 Olds Cutlass

So i drive around for a while, open hood, car is really hot.

No raditor turns on, fans dont do anything or wat not. Kind of not a good thing to have happen. Have not had any fans for like a year.

So i am not sure what the problem is.

Anyone have any fixes/recommendations about wat to do with the car to fix it? Rad shot? Fuses? etc?
Old 08-17-2005, 03:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

you sure the fans aren't working?

turn on your ac and the passenger side one shoud come one, the other one is supposed to be controlled by a t-stat
Old 08-17-2005, 04:03 PM

It's very unlikely you went all year without fans and didn't melt your engine; the engine bay can get really hot, and the fans will turn on for a minute or so only... maybe you are just confused.
Try as Super told you, or turn the car on in the morning, wait until it reaches operating temp (probably 2~3 minutes depending on your weather) and let it get warmer being very concerned of the temp gauge (I mean practically stearing at it).
If it doesn't go over half way, you are OK, if it goes over half way and fans do not kick in within 30sec to a minute, then they are failing.