Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

A Question About The Od In My Rd2

Old 05-11-2005, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, when the OD in turn on, the light in the dash is has to be off, right?

and when the OD is turn off the lights has to be on. well

when the OD it suppose to be ON, I should have a 4 gear, right? or I suppose to have the 4 gear with the OD off?

well, this is my problem, i dont know how or when I should have the 4 gear. I have it when the OD light in the dash turns on. so it suppose to the OD is off.

hope you understand.

when my OD light turn off i dont have 4 gear, I only have 3 gear and after a while the rpms begin to lower a little.

is it as is it supposed that it should be?

thanks
Old 05-11-2005, 08:56 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

od off- 3rd gear, more torque, dash light on
od on- 4th gear, reduce gas consumption, dash light off
Old 05-11-2005, 09:06 PM

ohhh ok. so I have that in the wrong way. where could be the problem? I check the wires in the shift and if I change the wires the OD stay off.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:13 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

hmm i actually never took mine apart so i dont know. maybe someone else here can help
Old 05-11-2005, 10:03 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

overdrive is actually sort of considered it's own gear, but we'll just call it 4th.

doesn't the light in your cluster read "O/D OFF"...that's pretty self explanatory as to when the light comes on what status the overdrive should be in ?

if you're asking about when to use it, always keep overdrive ON unless you are racing or need more speed/torque for some reason.

what wires did you mess with? what was your purpose for taking this apart?

when the light in the cluster is on it says OD off, that means no 4th gear, and the light is on (but it SAYS od off)
when the light in the cluster is off it says nothing, that means you have a 4th gear and your OD is on.

it's pretty easy to comprehend...when you see a light that says od off, your overdrive should be off smile.gif

also, on the stick itself i believe that when the button is pushed IN overdrive is ON, and when the button is sticking OUT overdrive is OFF (there's a little diagram by the button on the shifter that will also help you out)
Old 05-12-2005, 07:14 AM

^^ ok, but my its backwords..
when the light is ON i i get 4th gear. ( the OD is OFF light turn ON )

and if I turn my OD "off" i get 4th gear.

and the wires I touched, its because I thought maybe change the position of the wires would correct the failure. but it didnt.