Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Question About Intake Manifolds

Old 10-24-2008, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 & 2001 Tiburon

I was looking at someone's FS thread and I noticed this.

This is what the intake manifold on my car looks like\/\/\/

This is what the one I just bought looks like\/\/\/

What is this port for?

Can I get by without it?

If not I have a useless manifold mad.gif
Old 10-24-2008, 07:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Just follow it and look where it goes to. I forget what it is exactly. Anyway, maybe the new one has it in another place? What year is yours and what year is the new one? Both from US or what? Details my man. Ive never heard of any being different except the Beta 2 ones which that clearly is not.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:51 PM

My Tib is a US-spec 2001.

I'm not sure what year the IM I bought is but I know it's from an RD1 (it has the ECFI emblem on the top).

I think it is US-spec as well.

I checked all the ports on the RD2 IM and it appears that the RD1 IM simply has 1 less port.

Errrg, I'm at a loss...
Old 10-24-2008, 08:04 PM

Vehicle: 2000

Whats the port on you new manifold right below the WTF Red box?? right by the two screw holes.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Looksl ike the brake booster line, just a bit of a different setup. Pics from the TB side would help. I'd never b**** about having a spare line.

Actually, aren't you missing a port on the front of that thing? Isn't there one for the pcv and for the valve cover vent line?
Old 10-24-2008, 10:05 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

that's a good question. no idea here. my guess it's a regular vacuum line just in a different spot. i like your diagram by the way lmao.gif very clear!
Old 10-24-2008, 10:50 PM

Well, I'm an idiot. Five minutes outside with the dimmest flashlight known to man solved this problem smile.gif

Whats the port on you new manifold right below the WTF Red box?? right by the two screw holes.

That turned out to be the port in question fing02.gif

Looksl ike the brake booster line, just a bit of a different setup. Pics from the TB side would help. I'd never b**** about having a spare line.

Actually, aren't you missing a port on the front of that thing? Isn't there one for the pcv and for the valve cover vent line?

I didn't have enough light, but I think the line does go to the brake booster or at least somewhere in that direction.

I think I mixed my words in my first post. The thing I was worried about was being short one line, and then having idle problems or something of that sort.

O ya, and the pcv port is there. Thanks REDZ fing02.gif

^^^HKC, thanks. The least amount of words and as many poorly drawn arrows and irregular shaped circles as you can fit the better IMO laugh.gif

Solution=\/\/\/